Turn on thread page Beta

should i be upset? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    my bf has a concert 2nite (like a solo concert) anyway, i am going to watch and so are loads of his friends and my mum, his parents, other people etc...

anyway he has just told me that he might be going out with his friends and he doesn't know if i can come....

i am upset cos i am missing my evening course to support him and he can't even invite me along afterwards...

??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepoothie)
    my bf has a concert 2nite (like a solo concert) anyway, i am going to watch and so are loads of his friends and my mum, his parents, other people etc...

anyway he has just told me that he might be going out with his friends and he doesn't know if i can come....

i am upset cos i am missing my evening course to support him and he can't even invite me along afterwards...

??
    he obviously has a good reason for you not being able to come, you should ask him what it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ]{ingnik)
    he obviously has a good reason for you not being able to come, you should ask him what it is.

he wants to go on his own...

ReputationRep:

??
    from his point of view, no, it's 'just the lads' but from ur point of view WOT! UR HIS GIRLFRIEND FOR GODS SAKE! HE SHOULD TAKE YOU WITH HIM REGARDLESS!!!!!!!!sorry to upset u further but it seriously makes you wonder WOT hes going out 4....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sasha D)
    from his point of view, no, it's 'just the lads' but from ur point of view WOT! UR HIS GIRLFRIEND FOR GODS SAKE! HE SHOULD TAKE YOU WITH HIM REGARDLESS!!!!!!!!sorry to upset u further but it seriously makes you wonder WOT hes going out 4....
    he has this thing about keeping me and his friends separate...i just really want to go..esp when ive not gone to my course 4 him...

ReputationRep:

??
    give the boy a break...im sure it means a lot to him that your there. but sometimes we want to be ourselves. yes it hurts, but why not suggest you go out 2morw night for a little celebration all on your own...that way you get to congratulate him and he gets to spend time with his mates.

love Katy***

ReputationRep:
    he has this thing about keeping me and his friends separate...i just really want to go..esp when ive not gone to my course 4 him...

other girls will probably go...

ReputationRep:
    well consider it, he has to balance his relationship with you with keeping in good with his mates, you could sort of bank this one and bring it up another time, sort of emotional blackmail him into taking you out for the evening or something. he owes you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ]{ingnik)
    well consider it, he has to balance his relationship with you with keeping in good with his mates, you could sort of bank this one and bring it up another time, sort of emotional blackmail him into taking you out for the evening or something. he owes you!

yeah i suppose

thanx 4 the advice peeps!!

ReputationRep:
    other girls will probably go...
    then that's reason to be upset

ReputationRep:
    How long have you been with him? Have you met his friends yet? If it's not very long and you haven't met his friends then that might be why, he might think it's too soon?
    I don't think you should get too upset by it, the likelyhood is that none of his mates girlfriends are going and he doesn't want to be the only one with his girlfriend there. On the other hand, if his mates girlfriends ARE going, or some of his friends are girls and it's not a lads night, then you have a right to be pissed off, and should probably question him about what's going on and why you couldn't go. I reckon it's something along the lines of the first reason though, so I wouldn't worry!

ReputationRep:
    Given he is doing a concert I assume he is a musician and therefore right. Sorry only joking.

MB

ReputationRep:
    yea that is disgraceful behaviour :mad:

ReputationRep:
    On my ex's 18th birthday I went over and went out for a meal with his WHOLE family, it was sooo embarrassing and i didn't enjoy myself, especially as I was staying over and his grandparents were giving me the eye of "dirty stopout" the next day I woke up and found he wasn't there. I was totally confused and his mum said to me "oh he's gone to Chessington with his mates for his birthday", he'd totally abandoned me with the whole of his family in the house. I found out later that ALL our friends went even some of MINE. I was sooo pissed off, as for your boyfriend. Why does he want to keep you seperate from his friends. The definition of relationship is a union between people who like to SHARE things. Why can't he share his friends with you? If there are other girls going then surely you won't disturb him you could make friends with some of them. That means twice as many things you can do together, rather than just doing "Him & You" things. It's also a common rule at a party couples get the beds.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.