Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This is an interesting point of contention.

I can't decide whether it's true or not. It certainly seems to apply to quite a few girls (or at least ones i've known) but not all.

I think girls see the nice guys as being too needy and whiny:
    - why don't you talk to me, I give you everything?
    - why don't you go home with me instead of the jerk?
    - why do you talk to other guys when you have me?

Plain and simple, girls want confidence. They want to feel secure. They don't want someone constantly questioning them. They also want someone who is exciting that won't bore them to death. How entertaining is it to have someone that constantly kisses your ass and has no differing opinion.

cliffnotes: nice guys don't finish last, whiny boys do.

Comments?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dazmanultra)

I can't decide whether it's true or not. It certainly seems to apply to quite a few girls (or at least ones i've known) but not all.

Plain and simple, girls want confidence. They want to feel secure. They don't want someone constantly questioning them. They also want someone who is exciting that won't bore them to death. How entertaining is it to have someone that constantly kisses your ass and has no differing opinion.

Comments?
    It annoys me. There's this guy who told me he likes me but he always goes around flirting with other girls to make me jealous and it works!

ReputationRep:
    There is a difference between being a nice guy and being a whiny git. I like the first kind; not the second. I don't like the incredibly arrogant ones either, but then they don't like me, so we're even!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    There is a difference between being a nice guy and being a whiny git. I like the first kind; not the second. I don't like the incredibly arrogant ones either, but then they don't like me, so we're even!
    Yeah same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    It annoys me. There's this guy who told me he likes me but he always goes around flirting with other girls to make me jealous and it works!
    I've been guilty of doing that. I find it terribly difficult not to flirt.

ReputationRep:

- i wil talk to u, 'bad' boys do my head in
    - i wil do if i new a nice guy (and i do i found one)
    - coz we r allowed friends u no!

hehe

ReputationRep:

Comments?
    It depends on the girl, some of them like guys who will just worship at their feet- of course it works the other way around as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munch_crunch)
    It depends on the girl, some of them like guys who will just worship at their feet- of course it works the other way around as well.
    Please stop reviving really old threads :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

Comments?

some nice guys do not want to ask the girl just in case she says no, which might jeperdise the present relationship between them.

ReputationRep:

Comments?

What you describe above sounds more like a clingy guy than a nice one. A nice guy respects you, doesn't turn hot and cold on you, replies to your texts (I hate it when guys ignore them to play it cool!), engages you in conversation etc. As for all girls wanting confidence and excitement, that's far too general. I know many girls who are attracted to withdrawn guys because they want to ''figure them out''. And no one, girl or guy likes an ass-kisser or someone who tries to agree with you on most things to keep the peace. A little confrontation makes for interesting conversation. As Edgar(King Lear) said ''You should say what you feel, not what you ought to say''.

ReputationRep:

Comments?
    this is too true! my last boyfriend turned out to be so nice and willing to please that it made me sick, thats why i had to finish with him, but he was a really nice guy, too nice. so nice in fact i couldnt break it to him that the reason i dumped him was cos we never argued and everything was so boring! so i lied! doh!

so yes whiny guys usually finish last. although dont get me wrong a nice guy is good to have but there is a line. a bad boy is good but again, the line! u need some kind of balance. but ur sooooo right that the ones tending to ure every desire get boring and irritating! they need to learn to treat 'em mean keep 'em keen!

ReputationRep:
    i seem to be missin out all the nice guys i no:
    i have either been out wiv already
    or are gay

ReputationRep:
    OMG, I dont know why but i tend to go for lads that dont show any interest in me but when they do, i go off them! Its a funny old world x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x Dee x)
    OMG, I dont know why but i tend to go for lads that dont show any interest in me but when they do, i go off them! Its a funny old world x
    Well what the hell are we supposed to do?? Bloody women :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpollodiablouk)
    Well what the hell are we supposed to do?? Bloody women :rolleyes:
    Lol! Thats why ive bin single for like a year!

ReputationRep:
    Lol! Thats why ive bin single for like a year!
    Either been single for over a year as well, I have got used to not having a girl, so it doesn't really both me, that much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    Either been single for over a year as well, I have got used to not having a girl, so it doesn't really both me, that much.
    Im hopin uni will bring boys - its my last hope!!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe not going off them when they show an interest would help

ReputationRep:
    it will undoubtably, just scout around before you latch yourself onto anyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LoStInIdEaFlOoD)
    What you describe above sounds more like a clingy guy than a nice one. A nice guy respects you, doesn't turn hot and cold on you, replies to your texts (I hate it when guys ignore them to play it cool!), engages you in conversation etc. As for all girls wanting confidence and excitement, that's far too general. I know many girls who are attracted to withdrawn guys because they want to ''figure them out''. And no one, girl or guy likes an ass-kisser or someone who tries to agree with you on most things to keep the peace. A little confrontation makes for interesting conversation. As Edgar(King Lear) said ''You should say what you feel, not what you ought to say''.
    Replies to your texts?

Don't you hate it when some girl sends you some random text messaging saying 'hey, i've had a good day! how about you?', why send the most boring uniteresting text messages and expect a response?

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.