Turn on thread page Beta

Girls like guys that pretend to be not interested... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpollodiablouk)
    Well what the hell are we supposed to do?? Bloody women :rolleyes:
    I know what you mean. You say one thing, women think you mean something completey different.

Like in answer to this thread, have you girls conisdered that we just may not be interested.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    Replies to your texts?

Don't you hate it when some girl sends you some random text messaging saying 'hey, i've had a good day! how about you?', why send the most boring uniteresting text messages and expect a response?
    Yeah - absolutely hate it. Especially when people make such productive use of the 160 letter space allocated to say something as oh-so riveting like 'Hey, u k?'' I always ignore those texts. I'm talking about when you send fairly detailed, answerable texts to a guy, and they decide to ignore it simply 'cause they think it's industry standard to wait at least 3 days before replying. It's so annoying!! And then they pretend not to have any credit. Credit would have been at an all time high had I decided to text with the news that I had two tickets to see the footie!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LoStInIdEaFlOoD)
    Yeah - absolutely hate it. Especially when people make such productive use of the 160 letter space allocated to say something as oh-so riveting like 'Hey, u k?'' I always ignore those texts. I'm talking about when you send fairly detailed, answerable texts to a guy, and they decide to ignore it simply 'cause they think it's industry standard to wait at least 3 days before replying. It's so annoying!! And then they pretend not to have any credit. Credit would have been at an all time high had I decided to text with the news that I had two tickets to see the footie!!
    Hey, its not just blokes that do this you know!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LoStInIdEaFlOoD)
    hehe SO true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dazmanultra)
    This is an interesting point of contention.

I can't decide whether it's true or not. It certainly seems to apply to quite a few girls (or at least ones i've known) but not all.

I think girls see the nice guys as being too needy and whiny:
    - why don't you talk to me, I give you everything?
    - why don't you go home with me instead of the jerk?
    - why do you talk to other guys when you have me?

Plain and simple, girls want confidence. They want to feel secure. They don't want someone constantly questioning them. They also want someone who is exciting that won't bore them to death. How entertaining is it to have someone that constantly kisses your ass and has no differing opinion.

cliffnotes: nice guys don't finish last, whiny boys do.

Comments?

Totally depends on the woman I suppose.
    I tend to be attracted to very self confident,quite arrogant, independent guys (normally also turn out to be sports men in profession) who display blatent disinterest when women approach them (yes i do watch people!)

This is probably because I also can be a lil arrogant at times & am very independent.....I dont care about any 'clash' of personality, I personally like a challenge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    Replies to your texts?

Don't you hate it when some girl sends you some random text messaging saying 'hey, i've had a good day! how about you?', why send the most boring uniteresting text messages and expect a response?
    MORE ANOYING WHEN THEY DONT LEAVE THIER NAME AND LEAVE TONNES OF KISSES ON THE END SO YOU HAVE TO TXT BACK AND SAY "WHO ARE YOU". LOL.
    MMMMMMMMmmmmmmm YEH WHERES THE EREASE BUTTON.

ReputationRep:
    Well of the girls that I know definetly like me (ie have said so) I've never shown any interest in them and that only seems to make things worse.

ReputationRep:
    "Nice guys" are the best by far. Even if they are whiny, it shows you they care. Even if they are a bit too soppy, it shows you they see more than a body in you. I'd rather have a shy "geeky" "nice guy" than a tall dark handsome guy who is too masculine to be human.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    "Nice guys" are the best by far. Even if they are whiny, it shows you they care. Even if they are a bit too soppy, it shows you they see more than a body in you. I'd rather have a shy "geeky" "nice guy" than a tall dark handsome guy who is too masculine to be human.
    I'm a bit of both - I pretend to be nasty to people though only when I know them well enough so that they know that I'm just messing around. Deep down though I'm a nice guy - which gets frustrating at times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chubb)
    I'm a bit of both - I pretend to be nasty to people though only when I know them well enough so that they know that I'm just messing around. Deep down though I'm a nice guy - which gets frustrating at times.
    Well, of course if you know that the person you are with won't take offence, then it doesn't really matter what you say to them. You are often more free with those who are closest to you.

ReputationRep:
    i think it is the other way around, girls like to be chased esp if it is by a hot bloke (to use the english term)

ReputationRep:
    It does go the other way around too, guys LOVE girls who are not interested. I found this out last night :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    It does go the other way around too, guys LOVE girls who are not interested. I found this out last night :rolleyes:
    Nah thats *******s, sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Nah thats *******s, sorry
    Tell that to the ugly guys I was trying to escape from last night! The more I wanted them to go away, the more they were hitting on me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    Tell that to the ugly guys I was trying to escape from last night! The more I wanted them to go away, the more they were hitting on me!
    Its inner beauty that counts!

ReputationRep:
    (cough) *bollox* (cough)

ReputationRep:
    :eek: this from YOU?! :rolleyes:

hehe

I'd go for a nice guy I think, but I'm not about to risk making an idiot out of myself if I don't know he's interested... that's his job, hehe

ReputationRep:
    They weren't much to talk to either :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    that's what ugly people say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TIMAAAAAAAAAAAY)
    that's what ugly people say
    Damn, I guess that means Im ugly ?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.