Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    heLLo everyone
    i needed some advice....
    i have a conditionaL offer from UCL AAA, WARWICK AABC and a McGiLL University acceptance ....
    McGiLLz acceptance is unconditionaL ... they just want me to clear my A-Levelz thats it ...
    im an internationaL student ... so the repute of universities matters a lot for me ....
    aLthough i have made up my mind but i think more information abt the universities wiLL help a lot ...
    so cud anyone suggest me wat to do ... which Uni is better ....
    iLL b reaLLy gratefuL ....
    tHx.

ReputationRep:
    McGill in Quebec, Canada? That's really good. Keep that as your back-up incase you don't get in either of the other two.

It might help if you posted this in the Universities forum or the International lounge, not UCL.

And mentioning the course you're interested in might help.

ReputationRep:
    i have offers of L100 frm both WARWICK n UCL...n iLL b doing JOINT HONOURS IN ECO n FINANCE frm McGiLL
    yeah McGiLL is in Quebec.....
    im not sure whether i shud put McGiLL as a back up or what .... as McGiLL is like the top university of Canada .. n has excellent reputation here in my country ...im frm Pakistan
    i was thinking abt going to UCL .... but im a little confused now....

ReputationRep:
    Seeing as I’m applying to both the UK and Canada as well, I chose the UK as my primary choice and if I don’t get in, then Canada it is.
    What I would do if I were you, is put down UCL as my firm and Warwick as my insurance. Accept the offer from McGill, and if you don’t meet either of the grades for the British unis, go to Canada. However, if you get the grades required, and you have to pick which one to go to, you need to look at the all the facilities the university has to offer. Generally speaking both universities are really good. UCL ranks in the top 5 while, Warwick ranks in the top 10/15 according to Times. However, you might want to look at where it ranks in relation to your course, as well as the accommodation facilities, location, etc…or anything that might affect your decision.
    For example, I prefer studying in London, and so put down the London unis as my top choices. I suggest you go the open days and visit the unis and see for yourself. I know it might be difficult seeing as you are an international student, but I think that’s thte only way to actually get a good ‘idea’ of the environment in general.

ReputationRep:
    Agreed - L100 UCL as firm, and Warwick as insurance. Good choices.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by idealz)
    i have offers of L100 frm both WARWICK n UCL...n iLL b doing JOINT HONOURS IN ECO n FINANCE frm McGiLL
    yeah McGiLL is in Quebec.....
    im not sure whether i shud put McGiLL as a back up or what .... as McGiLL is like the top university of Canada .. n has excellent reputation here in my country ...im frm Pakistan
    i was thinking abt going to UCL .... but im a little confused now....

Hey I'm from Canada so thought I'd make a quick comment...while Mcgill is not "like the top university of Canada", it's still a really good school - if you're thinking of staying in Canada after completing your degree then definitely Mcgill's great (and Montreal is known as a party city - fun times!) - but if not, look at the reputation the school's have in Pakistan - what's recognized - I know for me, considering going to the UK for school, that's a major consideration for me because I'll be coming back to Canada afterwards. Either way - three great schools - best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    Just out of curiosity - why capital L:s everywhere?

ReputationRep:
    I've heard Montréal is awesome. If that helps.

ReputationRep:
    UCL is 2nd best for economics in the country...along with warwick...UCL is great!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.