Turn on thread page Beta

GCSE Electronics watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hellooooo, I need to do a project for my electronics but I h ave not a clue what to do!! I was thinking of a radio alrm clock but I dnt have a clu how to do this, any1 no? otherwise any ideas??

ReputationRep:
    A cot thermometer, so when the baby is to hot of too cold a buzzer sounds!

ReputationRep:
    lol o..k.. good idea. i need as many ideas as possible so i can talk to my teacher bout them
    ps. they have to relate to me, so anything to do with geeks, nerds and computers

ReputationRep:
    do a bendy wire game with a 7 segment display and a bistable

or like ma bf who is doin an intercom

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lokolo)
    lol o..k.. good idea. i need as many ideas as possible so i can talk to my teacher bout them
    ps. they have to relate to me, so anything to do with geeks, nerds and computers
    My friend got an A* for doing that thankyou vey much....

ReputationRep:
    lol but for a grammar school its not rele hard....

lumpy - done that this term, made a reaction game where winner has a flashin 7 seg, didnt bother usin bistable cause im a lazy sod and only had 128 mem on my picaxe

ReputationRep:

lumpy - done that this term, made a reaction game where winner has a flashin 7 seg, didnt bother usin bistable cause im a lazy sod and only had 128 mem on my picaxe
    oh. ok. lol

ReputationRep:
    i am doing a toothbrush timer for kids aged 4 to 9, it uses a simple 4017 counter.

ReputationRep:
    awww cheer up, btw bout ur bf and age stuff nothin wrong wiv it jst ppl think its different at the ages u r. wen ur older ppl marry 10 years old apart, wen u think that as my age that wud mean im marryin sum hu is 5, sounds wrong dont it!!??

ReputationRep:

Ok piss all over my school its fine. I'm so glad grammer school kids aren't snobby about it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Custard)
    Ok piss all over my school its fine. I'm so glad grammer school kids aren't snobby about it!
    is that sarcasm? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lumpycustard)
    is that sarcasm? :confused:
    Well, saying its fine pissing all over my school and saying that that didn't come out a little bit snobby was sarcasm was, yes!

hellooooo, I need to do a project for my electronics but I h ave not a clue what to do!! I was thinking of a radio alrm clock but I dnt have a clu how to do this, any1 no? otherwise any ideas??
    Trusty old combination lock is always good for an A!!!

ReputationRep:
    lol calm down - jst neeeds to be a brilliant idea cause i need to keep up my geeky reputation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Custard)
    Well, saying its fine pissing all over my school and saying that that didn't come out a little bit snobby was sarcasm was, yes!
    oh calm down i dont think it was intented to insult u or ur school. 2 b fair i wudnt even bother standin up 4 my school anymore, its more like prison camp!

ReputationRep:
    well im takin all the ideas down and im gna ask my electronics teacher tomoz -- good old grabowski!

ReputationRep:
    I made a model car which had a relay to reverse the motor current. I used 555 timers to generate flashing lights and sirens. I also used an op amp and LDR's to make the head lights come on automaticaly in the dark.

ReputationRep:
    well i was jst gna do a alrm clock, then i thought 'ooo instead wat bout a radio' then my friend sed 'what about a radio alrm clock!!' lol

well loadsa ova ppl r doin RC cars, and i wna do summin different. i wud prefer programmin but i cnt think of much, also i can cut plastic of stuff v.well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    A radio alarm clock is surely a bit complicated for GCSE. I would stick to something simple involving timers and sensors, like a programmable timer that is also light sensitive.
    Yes most the stuff involved in making a radio alarm clock is not even in the GCSE sylabus so it wouild be pointless.

ReputationRep:
    well i was jst gna do a alrm clock, then i thought 'ooo instead wat bout a radio' then my friend sed 'what about a radio alrm clock!!' lol

well loadsa ova ppl r doin RC cars, and i wna do summin different. i wud prefer programmin but i cnt think of much, also i can cut plastic of stuff v.well
    Are they creating their own radio tramsion circuits? As pig says its way out of the scope of GCSE.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.