This discussion is closed.
Lokolo
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
hellooooo, I need to do a project for my electronics but I h ave not a clue what to do!! I was thinking of a radio alrm clock but I dnt have a clu how to do this, any1 no? otherwise any ideas??
Custard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
A cot thermometer, so when the baby is to hot of too cold a buzzer sounds!
Lokolo
lol o..k.. good idea. i need as many ideas as possible so i can talk to my teacher bout them
ps. they have to relate to me, so anything to do with geeks, nerds and computers
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
do a bendy wire game with a 7 segment display and a bistable

or like ma bf who is doin an intercom
Custard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Lokolo)
lol o..k.. good idea. i need as many ideas as possible so i can talk to my teacher bout them
ps. they have to relate to me, so anything to do with geeks, nerds and computers
My friend got an A* for doing that thankyou vey much....
Lokolo
lol but for a grammar school its not rele hard....

lumpy - done that this term, made a reaction game where winner has a flashin 7 seg, didnt bother usin bistable cause im a lazy sod and only had 128 mem on my picaxe
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

lumpy - done that this term, made a reaction game where winner has a flashin 7 seg, didnt bother usin bistable cause im a lazy sod and only had 128 mem on my picaxe
oh. ok. lol
Omicron
Report 16 years ago
i am doing a toothbrush timer for kids aged 4 to 9, it uses a simple 4017 counter.
Lokolo
awww cheer up, btw bout ur bf and age stuff nothin wrong wiv it jst ppl think its different at the ages u r. wen ur older ppl marry 10 years old apart, wen u think that as my age that wud mean im marryin sum hu is 5, sounds wrong dont it!!??
Custard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Ok piss all over my school its fine. I'm so glad grammer school kids aren't snobby about it!
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Custard)
Ok piss all over my school its fine. I'm so glad grammer school kids aren't snobby about it!
is that sarcasm? :confused:
Custard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lumpycustard)
is that sarcasm? :confused:
Well, saying its fine pissing all over my school and saying that that didn't come out a little bit snobby was sarcasm was, yes!
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 16 years ago
hellooooo, I need to do a project for my electronics but I h ave not a clue what to do!! I was thinking of a radio alrm clock but I dnt have a clu how to do this, any1 no? otherwise any ideas??
Trusty old combination lock is always good for an A!!!
Lokolo
lol calm down - jst neeeds to be a brilliant idea cause i need to keep up my geeky reputation
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Custard)
Well, saying its fine pissing all over my school and saying that that didn't come out a little bit snobby was sarcasm was, yes!
oh calm down i dont think it was intented to insult u or ur school. 2 b fair i wudnt even bother standin up 4 my school anymore, its more like prison camp!
Lokolo
well im takin all the ideas down and im gna ask my electronics teacher tomoz -- good old grabowski!
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I made a model car which had a relay to reverse the motor current. I used 555 timers to generate flashing lights and sirens. I also used an op amp and LDR's to make the head lights come on automaticaly in the dark.
Lokolo
well i was jst gna do a alrm clock, then i thought 'ooo instead wat bout a radio' then my friend sed 'what about a radio alrm clock!!' lol

well loadsa ova ppl r doin RC cars, and i wna do summin different. i wud prefer programmin but i cnt think of much, also i can cut plastic of stuff v.well
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
A radio alarm clock is surely a bit complicated for GCSE. I would stick to something simple involving timers and sensors, like a programmable timer that is also light sensitive.
Yes most the stuff involved in making a radio alarm clock is not even in the GCSE sylabus so it wouild be pointless.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
well i was jst gna do a alrm clock, then i thought 'ooo instead wat bout a radio' then my friend sed 'what about a radio alrm clock!!' lol

well loadsa ova ppl r doin RC cars, and i wna do summin different. i wud prefer programmin but i cnt think of much, also i can cut plastic of stuff v.well
Are they creating their own radio tramsion circuits? As pig says its way out of the scope of GCSE.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (18)
39.13%
Take autumn exams (17)
36.96%
Look for a job (1)
2.17%
Consider an apprenticeship (1)
2.17%
Take a year out (6)
13.04%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
6.52%

Watched Threads