The Student Room Group

Who is performing at your Freshers Week?

Scroll to see replies

Count yourselves lucky. My freshers had Wagner.
Reply 81
Faith SFX, Ms Dynamite, Major look, DJ Yoda.......... ?!?!!?

:s-smilie:
Original post by tehforum
FFS.

Other unis get Netsky and High Contrast and we get god damn Tinchy Stryder and Wiley.

Negged by tinchy stryder and wiley mandemz

Lol :lol:
Reply 83
Original post by Alxndra
JLS DJ set :/, Loveable Rogues and other BGT people... Vernon Kay.. everyone else's seem to be decent :tongue:

It's not *that* bad, tbh.. It'll probably seem pretty damn awesome with a bit of alcohol down our throats, too :biggrin:

That is, if I can get a ticket before they sell out.. =/
Reply 84
The Feeling played at my Freshers' Ball in 2008. Hilarious to watch. They covered 'Walk This Way' and omitted the guitar solo; presumably too incompetent to even begin to attempt it.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 85
There's better people after my freshers :tongue: Mr Scruff near the end of September, Jack White in November...and other stuff I've forgotten :biggrin:
Reply 86
Original post by f1mad
Haha ay.

Not sure whether I should buy tickets asap though, hmmm :holmes:
Reply 87
Tinchy Stryder and The vaccines are doing a DJ set. Tinchy isn't my thing and i'm neutral towards the vaccines actual music but i'd presume their DJ set might have a few gems in.
Reply 88
Original post by RobJ93
Count yourselves lucky. My freshers had Wagner.

That would be absolutely hilarious!
Original post by mikeorchard
I am also at Soton. What tickets are worth buying? It doesn't say who is on at the Comedy Central Live?

Depends what you like really, but I bought the JCR pack for my halls, the Welcome Party, Freshers Ball and the Comedy Central night on the 2nd.

Apparently it's up-and-coming stand-ups so no one massively big. But then a lot of decent comedians have come through that way. I'm using it as a break from the drinking and clubbing tbh... :biggrin:
Reply 90
Rizzle Kicks!
Reply 91
Original post by wolf-pack
Rizzle Kicks!

Nice! They always come across as great entertainers.
Reply 92
Original post by Benniboi1
Not sure whether I should buy tickets asap though, hmmm :holmes:

Quite. What you leaning towards? :wink:
Reply 93
DJ fresh and Tinchy stryder, would rather netsky.. but should be good :biggrin:
Lucy Spraggan from this series X Factor, some guy from London who sings about £1 fish (as a Northerner I'm completely lost!), Lethal Bizzle????? and appearances from Francis and Oliver from Made in Chelsea, Ricky and Mario from TOWIE and Gaz from Geordie Shore :smile:
Reply 95
Original post by TanyaZoexx
Lucy Spraggan from this series X Factor, some guy from London who sings about £1 fish (as a Northerner I'm completely lost!), Lethal Bizzle????? and appearances from Francis and Oliver from Made in Chelsea, Ricky and Mario from TOWIE and Gaz from Geordie Shore :smile:

YouTube

One pound fish

He's a legend
Original post by gapyearstudent
ok so in this one thread we've found out that Tinchy Stryder is performing at warwick, bristol, hertfordshire AND hull!

Someone is obviously in need of a come back...
Reply 97
he/ she was joking...
The Hoosiers which I am stupidly excited about! Also Tinchy Stryder and DJ Fresh - I don't really know who they are to be honest (I've heard of Tinchy Stryder) and they're not the sort of music I like at all but I'll go and I'm sure I'll enjoy myself regardless :biggrin:
Original post by TanyaZoexx

OMG you are seeing the £1 fish guy!!?!??!?!

I walk past him every Saturday on the way down to football.

Quick Reply

Latest