Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    talking about icecream, me & my mates just came back from this indian place behind magdalene. the coconut icecream was awesome! and we got 2 free drinks each (alcoholic) as well! ( for no reason..)

went + saw 'guys and dolls' at magdalene, anyone seen it as well?

ReputationRep:
    Ice cream???? HAS to be G&D's - opposite Christ Church, Oxford. Best thing wbout it is you can request any flavour of ice cream and they will make it within a few days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Its rep just isn't that good. Plus it's always full of tourists.
    you're just jealous because your college is stuck in the shadow of King's (the chapel, that is). they should sell of the adoration of the magi, that would raise them the money, and it looks daft in that chapel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sisyphus)
    you're just jealous because your college is stuck in the shadow of King's (the chapel, that is). they should sell of the adoration of the magi, that would raise them the money, and it looks daft in that chapel.
    Bleh - jealous of what? I wouldn't wanna be there (although it is true, we are "the little one in the corner behind King's" although we actually have more students than them ). Don't know what they're going to do about their money though.

ReputationRep:
    Bleh - jealous of what? I wouldn't wanna be there (although it is true, we are "the little one in the corner behind King's" although we actually have more students than them ). Don't know what they're going to do about their money though.
    magdalene 0.5 behind clare.........i'll take that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanMushMan)
    magdalene 0.5 behind clare.........i'll take that.
    Yeah, you do quite well out of that one.

ReputationRep:
    Clearly you have never been to the honey ice cream shop in Tywyn, on the Welsh coast
    its not tywyn, its aberaeron. tywyn is further north. the icecream is far better in aberaeron

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UndiscoverdSelf)
    its not tywyn, its aberaeron. tywyn is further north. the icecream is far better in aberaeron
    There are two Tywyns, I believe. The one I am talking about is definitely in Tywyn - the one just up the coast from Aberdyfi. It used to be in Aberaeron, but moved to Tywyn.

ReputationRep:
    so is fitz the worst college for undergrad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bro)
    Isn't that supposed to be the 'working class' college?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bro)
    Who said that?

ReputationRep:
    Fitz is cool, i've got friends there and they really like it - its fairly modern and not far from the center (think the people compiling the rankings didn't know anything about it thats why it came so low rather than cause its bad...)

Never heard of it being more working class than any other college though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KaiserSoze)
    Fitz is cool, i've got friends there and they really like it - its fairly modern and not far from the center (think the people compiling the rankings didn't know anything about it thats why it came so low rather than cause its bad...)

Never heard of it being more working class than any other college though...
    Fitz was originally established to allow people from poorer backgrounds, who couldn't normally afford a Cambridge education, to come to Cambridge, so it was the working class one. It wasn't on its current site then, and at the moment I don't think it's perpetuating that image, although it's not as public-schoolish as some others may appear. Tis not very pretty and is quite far away (but not Girton far) but the people there are nice.

ReputationRep:
    I know a couple of people who went to Fitz and really liked it. I suppose it is slightly far away, but it's all relative. Nowhere in Cambridge is really that far away from anywhere else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hitchhiker_13)
    I know a couple of people who went to Fitz and really liked it. I suppose it is slightly far away, but it's all relative. Nowhere in Cambridge is really that far away from anywhere else.
    and now we have got back to the travel in cambridge thread

MB

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.