The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Question on conditional offer

I just received an offer letter from UCAS indicating the conditions I will need to fulfill. It says, "obtain grades 5, 5, 5, 4 in your future advanced placement examinations." So, does this mean that the 4 AP exams I have already taken cannot be counted towards the fulfillment of this conditional requirement? In other words, I already have two 5's from past years' exams, and two 4's. This year, I am taking four more ap exams, so do I must obtain 5, 5, 5, 4 on the ones I will be taking?

Also, I have notified LSE (before receiving the offer) that I will be taking the following AP exams in this order:

Macroeconomics
Microeconomics
French Language
English Literature

So, does it mean that I need to get 5's on the econ and french exams and a 4 on the English literature? Or do I just need to obtain the scores regardless of the specifics of exams?

Sorry to bombard you with so much. I am new to this British system, and I am very much curious.

thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Aunt Jemima
I just received an offer letter from UCAS indicating the conditions I will need to fulfill. It says, "obtain grades 5, 5, 5, 4 in your future advanced placement examinations." So, does this mean that the 4 AP exams I have already taken cannot be counted towards the fulfillment of this conditional requirement? In other words, I already have two 5's from past years' exams, and two 4's. This year, I am taking four more ap exams, so do I must obtain 5, 5, 5, 4 on the ones I will be taking?

Also, I have notified LSE (before receiving the offer) that I will be taking the following AP exams in this order:

Macroeconomics
Microeconomics
French Language
English Literature

So, does it mean that I need to get 5's on the econ and french exams and a 4 on the English literature? Or do I just need to obtain the scores regardless of the specifics of exams?

Sorry to bombard you with so much. I am new to this British system, and I am very much curious.

thanks.

Yes, you have to obtain 5,5,5,4 in the exams that you have yet to take. They've already taken into consideration the APs that you've sat for.

Sounds like you just need a 5,5,5,4 and it doesn't matter which subject you get them for.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Thanks a lot Knogle. I guess LSE is, in fact, intense. What happens if I don't get the conditions? Perhaps I get 5, 5, 4, 4...?
Reply 3
Aunt Jemima
Thanks a lot Knogle. I guess LSE is, in fact, intense. What happens if I don't get the conditions? Perhaps I get 5, 5, 4, 4...?

You will obviously miss your offer, and need to contact the LSE undergrad department to ask if they're still willing to accept you. At best, they accept you. At worst, they don't.

BTW, which course is this for?
Reply 4
I was just curious. I will get the conditions.

Anyway, this is for Accounting & Finance.
Reply 5
Aunt Jemima
I was just curious. I will get the conditions.

Anyway, this is for Accounting & Finance.

Cheers, and congrats on the offer. =) You should post on ollie's stickied thread at the top of this board.
Reply 6
Is that the one with like crazy 56 pages? If so, I've done it : )

If you don't mind my asking, are you at LSE, planning to attend LSE, etc. ?
Reply 7
Aunt Jemima
Is that the one with like crazy 56 pages? If so, I've done it : )

If you don't mind my asking, are you at LSE, planning to attend LSE, etc. ?

Hehe yeah, I think that's the one. :wink:

I'll be studying Government & Economics at LSE in September '07. I'm already holding an unconditional offer. :smile:
Reply 8
WOW! Congrats! how do you exactly get an unconditional offer? is that more usual than the conditional ones? I am so confused by this British system, I don't kow what's really going on. Anyway, congrats again on the offer.
Reply 9
Aunt Jemima
WOW! Congrats! how do you exactly get an unconditional offer? is that more usual than the conditional ones? I am so confused by this British system, I don't kow what's really going on. Anyway, congrats again on the offer.

I applied post-qualification (i.e. after I already had my results). You would get an unconditional offer if you had those grades already too. :biggrin:

Most people apply pre-qualification BTW.
Reply 10
Aunt Jemima

Macroeconomics
Microeconomics
French Language
English Literature

thanks.

Hey ! And welcome to you, fellow accountant :p:
Reply 11
Knogle
I applied post-qualification (i.e. after I already had my results). You would get an unconditional offer if you had those grades already too. :biggrin:

Most people apply pre-qualification BTW.

Are you waiting until 2007 because of a mandatory military service requirement? Or I may be mistaking that Singapore even had one. Just a thought.
Reply 12
Johan C
Hey ! And welcome to you, fellow accountant :p:

Hey Johan C... are you already at LSE or entering this fall? But to be honest though, I'd rather be called a financier than an accountant :smile:
Reply 13
Aunt Jemima
Are you waiting until 2007 because of a mandatory military service requirement? Or I may be mistaking that Singapore even had one. Just a thought.

Yep, you got that right. :biggrin: Conscription.
Reply 14
Aunt Jemima
Hey Johan C... are you already at LSE or entering this fall? But to be honest though, I'd rather be called a financier than an accountant :smile:

Johan will be studying A&F beginning this fall.
Reply 15
Knogle
Yep, you got that right. :biggrin: Conscription.

Assuming that you're already in the service, I am surprised that you can even have a comfortable use of a computer.
Reply 16
Aunt Jemima
Assuming that you're already in the service, I am surprised that you can even have a comfortable use of a computer.

:rofl:

They don't lock us primates up in ages you know. :biggrin:

Your level of comfort in the armed forces really depends on the vocation you have been assigned and the rank you hold.

I'm getting it pretty easy, although I would very much prefer to be let off now.
Reply 17
Knogle
:rofl:

They don't lock us primates up in ages you know. :biggrin:

Your level of comfort in the armed forces really depends on the vocation you have been assigned and the rank you hold.

I'm getting it pretty easy, although I would very much prefer to be let off now.

haha so not all countries lock their people up :smile:

at least you're having a relatively comfortable stay in the service. how long until you get out?
Reply 18
Aunt Jemima
haha so not all countries lock their people up :smile:

at least you're having a relatively comfortable stay in the service. how long until you get out?

I'll be operationally ready come late January '07.

Then I'll have a couple of months (7-8) to travel, perhaps fly to Indonesia to help a relative run a business, do a short internship stint, etc. It's still pretty fluid as of now. :smile:
Reply 19
Less than a year left. Hang in there, and I'll see you safe and sound in London.

Latest

Trending

Trending