Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I have always thought that the best solution in reducing in racism, is just not to care about it, on part of the possible victim. If you dont care then it dont affect you, so less would be reported to the police. This is with verbal abuse only, however if your physically getting attacked then you should do something about it.

What do you think

"Losers go home, winners go home and **** the prom queen?"

ReputationRep:
    Indeed

Basically, to reduce racism, you stop whining about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maddock)
    Indeed

Basically, to reduce racism, you stop whining about it.
    Yea thats it ! :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perry)
    Hello, I have always thought that the best solution in reducing in racism, is just not to care about it, on part of the possible victim. If you dont care then it dont affect you, so less would be reported to the police. This is with verbal abuse only, however if your physically getting attacked then you should do something about it.

What do you think

well i am opne of the most unracist people u can find however, i dont think its fair how (no bad rep for saying black and white please but these days i never no what to ay) white people get the s**t kicked out of em and gangs on them if they say black people cant hang out with em, or go to a club for white people, but no one bats an eyelid when a black person says "no white people in here, our race only"

its just not fair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perry)

What do you think

But you can't always ignore it. Sometimes it's not just verbal anyway.

If you ignore it, you might be able to reduce the unhappiness but you can never reduce the hatred.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)
    But you can't always ignore it. Sometimes it's not just verbal anyway.

If you ignore it, you might be able to reduce the unhappiness but you can never reduce the hatred.
    We know where ignoring racism gets us. Ask any jew.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Very true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    To reduce racism I think we need to intially break up ghettos. A lot of people seem to develop a racist attitude because they feel a certain area is a no go area, are afraid of going there and in the words of Yoda fear leads to hate etc. This applies to 'white' ghettos as well.
    How do 'we' go about doing that though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kildare)
    Very true.
    Why are we agreeing so much these days. It's quite disarming!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perry)

What do you think

sounds like a good solution, but is it really that easy?
    verbal abuse can cause a lot of damage to the person that is the victim, and you have to have a lot of self-confedent to not care about and ignore it. i think that it is all about accepting that everyone is different, but in what world would that happen??

ReputationRep:
    The philosophy so far seems to be 'if we ignore it, it will go away.'

I believe that this is untrue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)

So do I. However, realistically what can be done? You simply can't point a gun at someone and instruct them to "love their neighbor"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)

not mine, don't believe you solve anything like that. if you don't deal with the problem it will always be there

ReputationRep:
    Isn't racism as bad as any kind of discrimination? Isn't being discriminated because of your race just as bad as being discriminated for hair colour/class or not being attractive?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    Isn't racism as bad as any kind of discrimination? Isn't being discriminated because of your race just as bad as being discriminated for hair colour/class or not being attractive?
    Well, I've experienced plenty of positive discrimination on account of my good looks. Does that count?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    yes, did someone say otherwise??

ReputationRep:
    Well, I've experienced plenty of positive discrimination on account of my good looks. Does that count?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _EMMA_)
    yes, did someone say otherwise??
    Society seems to think it would be much more unfairer for the person who is discriminated on race to say not get a job because of their race instead of someone who has bright ginger hair, brace, glasses, big afro hair, large nose if they are in the ethnic majority.

ReputationRep:
    I am a Jew. What would you like to ask?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    One problem at a time!

The West, probably out of guilt, has a definite agenda to erradicate racism as it seems to be have been decided that its the worst and most backward way that people discriminate.
    Exactly and I think it's equal to dislking someone because of the way they look even if they have the same colour skin.

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.