nottingham or warwick. Watch

This discussion is closed.
federation
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I can't figure out where my minds going. Simply, I dunno whether to do maths, operational research, stats and economics (MORSE) at warwick university,
or maths and management at nottingham uni. Warwicks probably a better course for me, but nottingham uni'sbetter for it's campus, location and the whole impression it gave me.
If you can give me some relatively unstructured suggestions that'd be useful in helping me figure out where I subconciously probably wanna go.
HelenBrownsell
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
I would say that it is probably best to do the course you will most enjoy. You don't want to be stuck at a uni which is nice but where you don't enjoy the course. Do what you enjoy!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Hiya, .....spooky, I visited both recently, and they r the only unis i've been to!! I agree with Helen do the course you want, in the end you'll be happier and get a job doing what you want.....for the rest of your life!! Both unis are nice enough, if you want the party atmos etc.. u can create ur own fun easily enough!!!

Ali
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Nottingham has the best reputation, the university is supposed to be excellent, but did you see much of the city of nottingham? It is a grey rundown crime-infested sh*thole from one side to the other., but then I guess most big cities are these days!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I in Nottingham uni, And i have to say, that it is the best place ive ever been in ! its got loads of pubs, bars, clubs etc..

Its relitivly cheap. The accual campus is amazing. Its like a little town !

And Nottingham is the 8th best university in the country !!

GO TO NOTTINGHAM !

(but they do have high requirements, you i hope uve done well)
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
And

NO !

nottingham city is regarded as the 3rd best shopping area in the WHOLE OF THE UK !

Everything in the town is packed in one large area (not like london)

They are making trams from the town to notts uni.

Trust me, Nottingham is the 2nd best city after London !!!!

A double shot cost about £2
pint is £1 on thursdays, and about £1.80 normally
Cinema tickets are about £5.10
Buses are £1. Or £2 all day (use as much as u can)

I cant say enough good things about nottingham, I love it !
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (212)
12.76%
Excited (148)
8.91%
Worried (302)
18.18%
Terrified (374)
22.52%
Meh (151)
9.09%
Confused (36)
2.17%