Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Whats Maths Like Here??:confused:
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Great. There are some great people in the department and some good courses to take.

ReputationRep:
    Hard.

ReputationRep:
    Lol yeah. I reckon as long as you go to all your lectures and keep on top of assignments (as I have singularly failed to have done) it'd be fine. There are a few lecturers though who are really, honestly, terrible. Maxim and James Woodward spring to mind. But then there's always Tony Sudbery - he makes up for it. And Terence.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Max is great though. He is clearly very talented and you need to listen carefully to what he says. But he generally goes further and more in depth than he needs to. So the lectures are tough, but it really makes you concentrate on and get your head around the basics, which is all he tested us on in the exams of the two courses I did which he taught.

He also supervised my final year project, and though I didn't ask him for too much help, the times I went to him, he was really helpful and nothing was to much trouble for him.

As for James Woodward, he is still fairly new to lecturing. I must say he I haven't been to any of his lecturers as he only joined the department as PhD student during my time as an undergraduates there (not sure if he has finished the PhD yet) But anyway, give him time, I'm sure he'll get better *(out of interest, I think he went to my school, he'd have been a couple of years above me. He also asked me a tough question in my presentation for my final year project which I wasn't prepared for....)

ReputationRep:
    I only went to 3 of James Woodwards lectures last term.

Maxim is abit of a legend, I ain't had any of his lectures yet, but hes my supervisor, at the end of my supervision meeting he went 'next week, you will have my colleague <insert name here> you will like him better, he is big and tall like you' and just stop there nodding his head for about 30 seconds.

Crazy bloke.

ReputationRep:
    LOL!!

Cheers Guys

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.