Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I saw a job agency for ethnic minorities the other day, and also a few job adverts saying "disabled people are guaranteed interviews". Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks positive discimination is as bad as racism/sexism/etc itself !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maddock)
    I saw a job agency for ethnic minorities the other day, and also a few job adverts saying "disabled people are guaranteed interviews". Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks positive discimination is as bad as racism/sexism/etc itself !
    It's worse, we live in a DEMOCRACY...democracy by definition is majority rule. Yet for some reason...minorities seem to be getting everything nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maddock)
    in a very real sense it is exactly the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    if +ve discrimination gets me in2 lse i wud b chuffed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ^mjg^)
    If, on the off chance, you aren't accepted at LSE, where are you heading?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amexblack)
    If, on the off chance, you aren't accepted at LSE, where are you heading?
    um, either paisley or tvu if i got the grades. bak to garibaldi to do maths + politics a-level or off 2 QUEGS to do a vocationel course. u?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ^mjg^)
    What exactly are your GCSE and AS level grades?

By going by your other choices that you posted last night, it sounds like you need a miracle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ^mjg^)
    um, either paisley or tvu if i got the grades. bak to garibaldi to do maths + politics a-level or off 2 QUEGS to do a vocationel course. u?
    Have you got a job yet, I mean you are twenty you can't exactly study forever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danithestudent)
    It's worse, we live in a DEMOCRACY...democracy by definition is majority rule. Yet for some reason...minorities seem to be getting everything nowadays.
    I think you've got a very warped sense about what the true spirit of democracy really is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    What exactly are your GCSE and AS level grades?

By going by your other choices that you posted last night, it sounds like you need a miracle.
    GCSE (Summer 2000)

Business Studies - D
    German- D
    Singel Science - G
    English - G
    English Lit - F
    Latin - E
    Maths - U
    D&Tek - E
    Geography - E

GCSE (Summer 2001)

English - D
    Maths - E
    Science - D

AS- Levels (Summer 2002)

Business Studies - u
    Economics - u
    German - u
    Home Economics - E

A-Levels (Summer 2003 )

Economics - E
    German - u
    Home economics - U

AS/A2 Level 2004

General Studies (AS+A2)
    Busines Studies (just AS)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    Have you got a job yet, I mean you are twenty you can't exactly study forever.
    i worked at cafe creme 4 a while but it got closed down.

ReputationRep:
    Why did you bother putting down LSE? You're quite clearly wasting your and their time, not to mention you lose out one of your chances.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ^mjg^)
    i worked at cafe creme 4 a while but it got closed down.
    So what do you do for money? Your parents wont get any money for you and you aren't entitled to any money off your local council :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Why did you bother putting down LSE? You're quite clearly wasting your and their time, not to mention you lose out one of your chances.
    well they havent rejected me hav they? i have already passed economics and am on course 4 gr8 grades this year so why not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    What I'm confused about is how a EUU student would know so much about universities.

ReputationRep:
    So what do you do for money? Your parents wont get any money for you and you aren't entitled to any money off your local council :confused:
    i do some things i dont want 2 talk about on here. i get by.

ReputationRep:
    What I'm confused about is how a EUU student would know so much about universities.
    y wudnt i? u dont have 2 be a genius 2 know lse is best 4 economics!

ReputationRep:
    His papers were badly marked innit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ^mjg^)
    i do some things i dont want 2 talk about on here. i get by.
    Hmm. Right. Why would a male prostitute/drug dealer want to study A-Levels?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ^mjg^)
    well they havent rejected me hav they? i have already passed economics and am on course 4 gr8 grades this year so why not?
    They haven't accepted you either. Although an "E" is a pass it's hardly what LSE are after. What do you call "great"? You realise that universities don't only look at AS level results? They also look at GCSEs (they're more biased towards good GCSE results).

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.