Turn on thread page Beta

Positive Discrimination watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ^mjg^)
    y wudnt i? u dont have 2 be a genius 2 know lse is best 4 economics!
    Well any person with your grades (not that I'm say they aren't good) wouldn't bother applying to LSE or even know little about it. And I doubt they'd even apply to Paisley unless they lived near it in Scotland.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    His papers were badly marked innit.
    LOL They so were not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    Well any person with your grades (not that I'm say they aren't good) wouldn't bother applying to LSE or even know little about it. And I doubt they'd even apply to Paisley unless they lived near it in Scotland.
    i thought paisley was in northampton.

ReputationRep:
    (not that I'm say they aren't good)
    I'll say it for you: they're crap And I hardly think he's being serious; he's playing out a stereotype. He knows full well that someone with those grades will never get into LSE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ^mjg^)
    i thought paisley was in northampton.
    Oooh so you do have some intelligence. I don't know where it is either, I'd never heard of it before until people here **** it off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amexblack)
    I'll say it for you: they're crap And I hardly think he's being serious; he's playing out a stereotype. He knows full well that someone with those grades will never get into LSE.
    LOL of course he is... but if he is real then I think it would've been very funny for the people at LSE to read his UCAS personal statement.

ReputationRep:
    emmmm... so so so so so so much discrimation on these boards... ironic considering the title of the thread...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maddock)
    I saw a job agency for ethnic minorities the other day, and also a few job adverts saying "disabled people are guaranteed interviews". Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks positive discimination is as bad as racism/sexism/etc itself !
    haha, you're in mjg's sig, respect!

ReputationRep:
    Oooh so you do have some intelligence. I don't know where it is either, I'd never heard of it before until people here **** it off.
    I thought it was in Scotland :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ^mjg^)
    GCSE (Summer 2000)

Business Studies - D
    German- D
    Singel Science - G
    English - G
    English Lit - F
    Latin - E
    Maths - U
    D&Tek - E
    Geography - E

GCSE (Summer 2001)

English - D
    Maths - E
    Science - D

AS- Levels (Summer 2002)

Business Studies - u
    Economics - u
    German - u
    Home Economics - E

A-Levels (Summer 2003 )

Economics - E
    German - u
    Home economics - U

AS/A2 Level 2004

General Studies (AS+A2)
    Busines Studies (just AS)
    Can u explain this marking system... i get percents in toronto not some crazy letter system... and im supposing lse =london school of economics... they offer an undergrad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    Can u explain this marking system... i get percents in toronto not some crazy letter system... and im supposing lse =london school of economics... they offer an undergrad?
    I thought the letter system was fairly widely used if not understood. A is best, anything lower is less good. At GCSE grades go A-G then U (unclassified); at AS/A2 level it's A-E then U.

LSE is the London School of Economics, one of the best universities in the country. Yes, they do offer undergraduate courses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    I thought the letter system was fairly widely used if not understood. A is best, anything lower is less good. At GCSE grades go A-G then U (unclassified); at AS/A2 level it's A-E then U.

LSE is the London School of Economics, one of the best universities in the country. Yes, they do offer undergraduate courses.
    The only letter system we have is the same for every grade level
    In Canada, 80% and up is A- through A+, in the us it is 90%+.
    70% is the B range, 60% is the C range, 50 is D range and below that who cares cuz you have to be an idiot to get those marks anyways

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.