Relaxed Hair Watch

chrissay88
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Hey there!
I've got a question for girls with relaxed hair. After you've blow dried your hair, what tongs do u use?
lola-lou
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
i use Andrew collinge curling tongs. they have an awesome lil water thing at the top so your hair doesnt dry out

black_mamba
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You blow-dry and relax and use tongs?! :eek: Doesn't it damage your hair too much?
chrissay88
Rep:
?
(Original post by lola-lou)
i use Andrew collinge curling tongs. they have an awesome lil water thing at the top so your hair doesnt dry out

does it get the hair poker straight, cos mine keeps going frizzy with my crudy ceramics!

Black Mamba, it doesnt really damage it as long as you care for it properly. I get my hair relaxed at the hairdressers, then they bloydry it n then they tong it using those metal tongs
Dilute
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
What exactly is relaxed hair?
chrissay88
Rep:
?
its a chemical treatment that you can use to get ur hair straight
Charl
Report 12 years ago
Ohh I've had that done..it is awesome..I've had it done twice (£110 each time :eek:) but I think its worth it..my hair was wavy and thick..hated it! On top of that, the GHDs are a must have..just to add that finishing touch..poker-straight now!
xBlueRasberryx
Report 12 years ago
After i blowdry my hair i use flat irons and they make my hair really smooth and glossy. It usually lasts for about a week.
shinytoy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
why do girls straighten their hair instead of getting it relaxed?
Dark and Lovely
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by shinytoy)
why do girls straighten their hair instead of getting it relaxed?

most people that relax their hair tend to be of afro-caribbean origin
our hair can't just be straightened it's too thick and a lot of times uncontrollable

and the only way for our hair to be nice and straight without relaxer is with a hot comb and those died out in the 1970s
shinytoy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
please can you advise me, i am of very mixed carribean origin. i think my hair texture is a bit like indian women with very wavy hair - the strands are thicker and coaser than european hair but isnt like black people hair. even if i spend an hour with straightening spray/GHDS/oils and hairspray i cant get it straight. and even if i get it straighter, it becomes wavy again very quickly.

i have heard i can use home perm solution but instead of using the rollers, i can just comb it through my hair to make it straight. and also, what happens if i use black people hair products on my hair? can i use black hair relaxers on it or will it kill it?
Dark and Lovely
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by shinytoy)
please can you advise me, i am of very mixed carribean origin. i think my hair texture is a bit like indian women with very wavy hair - the strands are thicker and coaser than european hair but isnt like black people hair. even if i spend an hour with straightening spray/GHDS/oils and hairspray i cant get it straight. and even if i get it straighter, it becomes wavy again very quickly.

i have heard i can use home perm solution but instead of using the rollers, i can just comb it through my hair to make it straight. and also, what happens if i use black people hair products on my hair? can i use black hair relaxers on it or will it kill it?
right go to a black hair salon for professional advice as they have been trained for all hair types.

you might be able to get a very weak relaxer but i do not know your better off asking a professional
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Sorry to revive an old thread, i was just wondering what make of relaxer everyone uses? I use dark and lovely but i have used iman's one before.
Mush
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
frizzy hair looks so cooool on girls anyways! Bring back the 80s:P
chrissay88
Rep:
?
lol gotta luv that 80's frizz!

I use revlon but sometimes its elasta-q
so_this_is_sam
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yep i thnk big is better anyway this summer isnt it, well its definitely not defined curls anymore!
chandni
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i'm soooo impressed with my hair since i had it relaxed it is perfect for me i just wash it and occasionaly blow dry it when i need it dry in a hurry, i think i've used straigtners twice since i had it done so get that sheen! got a bit a fair bit of new growth now which looks like my hair pre treatment which is horrid can't wait till summer when i can get the treatment done again!!
xBlueRasberryx
Report 12 years ago
I hate having my hair relaxed cause my scalp is so sensitive, but the results after are worth it. i heard that the olive oil relaxer is pretty good. At the moment i am trying to give the flat ironing a break and letting it go wavy by putting it in a bun.

By the way does anyone here that has had their hair relaxed also have layers in their hair?
Kapster
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm thinking about getting my hair layered but only slightly.

Has anyone ever used a temporary dye in their hair? My hair is really dark brown and I'd love to have it a darky rusty red but not sure how dyes react to relaxed hair. Can I use ordinary dyes or do I need special afro-caribbean products for relaxed hair?
xBlueRasberryx
Report 12 years ago
Well my hairdresser says that dying your hair AND relaxing it is a bad decision. But if you absolutely have too i would go to a hairdressers and use dye especially for black hair
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (230)
27.64%
No (602)
72.36%

Watched Threads