The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
i finished the first one of the writing paper after 30 mins then spent the rest of the time on the second one, i thought, what's the point stopping, ive got another 20mins left. :smile:
Reply 81
gurlsinger
i normally finish all of them rly early. and then i looked at the clock n i had 20 minutes left 4 5 questions and i was like OMG!! nut i finished all of em with 5 mins 2 spare.

i find that you often begin to run out of time in the exam even if ur fine in the mocks because you are more detailed in the real thing
Auditt123
i finished the first one of the writing paper after 30 mins then spent the rest of the time on the second one, i thought, what's the point stopping, ive got another 20mins left. :smile:

dn't u mean 15. we had 45 and then 30mins 4 the shorter one
Reply 83
yeh but by the time i had finished the second one i had 20 mins left, so i kept writing, ended up writin the same for each
Reply 84
apparently our maths and science papers are already with their markers as we speak!! yet theres so many (100000s) itll take a few weeks for them all to be marked then another few weeks to do all the administration after that
Auditt123
apparently our maths and science papers are already with their markers as we speak!! yet theres so many (100000s) itll take a few weeks for them all to be marked then another few weeks to do all the administration after that

it takes soooo long!! what options r u takin 4 GCSE

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=223978

answer on that thread
gurlsinger
i finished both by the end of the first one, and all around me evry1 was finsihed, and then they sed u shud be on the second one, and they all opened their booklets again. i was like c**p was i supposed 2 wait!! lol

:ditto: I had time to fall asleep in mine!! :cool: :p: Im not lying!! :redface:

Auditt - I go to one too! :smile:
Auditt123

Yeah ....... whens Spring bank? Coz apparently they'll be marked by then and we'll get them back a few weeks after that! :confused: :p:
Reply 88
lil_groovy_dude
Yeah ....... whens Spring bank? Coz apparently they'll be marked by then and we'll get them back a few weeks after that! :confused: :p:

Spring bank holiday weekend is 27th-29th May. English papers are returned to schools on 24th August.
Reply 89
The Question for Macbeth in the English Shakespear was really easy. Some of the Ellen Macarthur questions were quite difficult.

Has anyone here done the ICT ones this year?
Mine are today and tommorow.
As the test automatically marks, do we get the marks after completing the second test?

Emi-
Reply 90
i haven't heard anything about ict sats.
Emi-
The Question for Macbeth in the English Shakespear was really easy. Some of the Ellen Macarthur questions were quite difficult.

Has anyone here done the ICT ones this year?
Mine are today and tommorow.
As the test automatically marks, do we get the marks after completing the second test?

Emi-

we did inside skwl IT tests. i thought the ellen macarthur questions rly easy
Reply 92
The ICT SATS are non compulsary this year, but soon they will become compulsary.

Emi-
Reply 93
yes, i agree, now looking back on my SATs, they really don't count very much. I wasn't a brilliant student in KS3 but that doesn't stop you in any way from excelling in GCSE; nevertheless, i still got 777. the thing is though, depending on the school, you're grouped according to your SATs and that's just ridiculous I think! i would be doing intermediate tier if i hadn't got a B (89%) in my intermediate maths mock exam... but that i think is really stupid about our school... they put you in sets from y7 onwards... based on your KS2 sats... wth?!?!?!?! of course i wouldn't be a star student in year 6!! i got 444!! anyway... just want to say try ur best, but don't really be bothered. just work hard for GCSEs and Upper 6ths (IB or A-Levels) as those really do count. though you can start working in ks3 if you feel like it... :biggrin:
Reply 94
yorkshirelass
Er, isn't 6 still above average? Well, maybe not in some schools, but if you got 666 at mine you were put on the gifted and talented register, which had about 30 people on it. I got 778 too (but 8 in English). Why do they not have extension papers any more, but there is a 6-8 Maths paper?

That's not true, my sister is predicted an EP in English and she is doing a maths extension....
Reply 95
the EP is a teacher assessment level probably and the maths extension is the higher paper (6-8). 778 is the highest possible score attainable and there are no extension papers.
Reply 96
QCA provides optional tasks to support teacher assessment of pupils working below the level of the tests or above the level of the tests.

The extension papers are for teacher assessment levels
IT'S OFFICIAL

THE MATHS RESULTS ARE OUT!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I GOT 119/150 = LEVEL 8 :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

The level 8 boundary was 90 something ... cant remember sorry :redface:

When i got my result i was honestly shaking! :redface: :p: :biggrin:
Reply 98
Omg If you're shaking when you open your SATs results what are you going to be like when it comes to GCSEs! SATs really are completely unimportant, they don't count for anything. Looking back, I can't believe I got worried about it. I got 778, which I was pleased with, but people's results didn't affect their sets or anything.
I found maths at GCSE a lot easier to get A* in than it was to get a level 8 at KS3.
Reply 99
Oh, leave him to be happy.

Latest

Trending

Trending