The Student Room Group

i didnt think it mattered....

my friends were talkin about cirumcision, and i told them it doesnt matter to me if a man was or wasnt. One of them seemed puzzled at this and said, these are her words 'circumcised ones are soo much better'. Hmmmmmm, but u see the problem is, she also sed in the same conversation that she doesnt believe in any sexual activity before marriage :confused:
Sorry i just thought that was amusing.............but weird:p:

Scroll to see replies

i think id prefer not circumsised lol, duno it looks a bit ugly when it is i reakon
Reply 2
I think someone did a poll on this before? I dunno.

I think everyone's allowed to have a personal preference! But I think it would be a bit weird to reject a guy on those grounds :eek:
Less chance of infections and stuff 'under the hood' lol.
Reply 4
Talya

I think everyone's allowed to have a personal preference! But I think it would be a bit weird to reject a guy on those grounds :eek:

Ditto. Besides, it's not like most guys have a choice about it. And most will never experience sex both with and without foreskin so you can't really say what's "best."

Medical evidence about the "cleanliness" of circumcision seems to be a little shaky - there's no reason why an uncircumcised penis can't be just as clean as long as care is taken over it.
Reply 5
Also, i read somewhere that circumcised men less likely to transmit HIV than non-circumcised men as the foreskin is 9x absorbent to the virus; source new scientist....i think!
Reply 6
If we werent meant to have one, we wouldnt have one.
Reply 7
sayed_samed
Also, i read somewhere that circumcised men less likely to transmit HIV than non-circumcised men as the foreskin is 9x absorbent to the virus; source new scientist....i think

Though of course, anyone with half a brain wouldn't have unprotected sex with someone whose STI status they were unsure of, so that advantage is a bit of a silly one.
Reply 8
sayed_samed
Also, i read somewhere that circumcised men less likely to transmit HIV than non-circumcised men as the foreskin is 9x absorbent to the virus; source new scientist....i think!

I do seem to remember an article comparing the HIV infection rates of men in South Africa who were and weren't circumcisd. The circumcised ones had a much lower incidence of infection than the un-circumcised ones.

Someone should find a link... ::falls asleep::
Reply 9
Helenia
Though of course, anyone with half a brain wouldn't have unprotected sex with someone whose STI status they were unsure of, so that advantage is a bit of a silly one.

That's not universally true though.
yeah, we had a lecture on HIV etc, and they showed us a horizon episode where they compared tribes in africa of those who circumcise and don't and the incidence/prevalence of HIV...(it was a really old programme tho!)
Reply 11
theres no difference trust me
Reply 12
puppy
That's not universally true though.

Perhaps, but if I was going to be choosing partners based on circumcision status, whether or not I might get HIV would not really be a deciding factor.
Reply 13
Helenia
Perhaps, but if I was going to be choosing partners based on circumcision status, whether or not I might get HIV would not really be a deciding factor.

Well of course. I was talking more about countries with HIV epidemics.
she doesn't believe in sexual activity before marriage and she says that circumsized ones are better? where'd she get that knowledge from? LOL
Reply 15
BirchyGreen
If we werent meant to have one, we wouldnt have one.

Just like larger breasts, pierced body parts, fat reduction, plastic surgery, hair cuts, nail clipping.
It's just another body modification done for various purposes.
Reply 16
strawberry
she doesn't believe in sexual activity before marriage and she says that circumsized ones are better? where'd she get that knowledge from? LOL

personally, i think she sits down and watches 'eurotrash' and takes notes!! lol!!
Lillybut
personally, i think she sits down and watches 'eurotrash' and takes notes!! lol!!

hahahaha that's possssssible. :P hmmm...well I'm a virgin too so I wouldn't know.
but maybe she says circumcised ones are better cos I think Christianity says it's better for a man to be circumcised. Is she Christian? Catholic?
Reply 18
she was a buddhist the last i heard- after being a christian, and a hindu:confused: How funny- i think ill steer clear from her- she gives me the most devilish looks when i talk about my bfriend lol:p: Actually, it is quite scary:frown:
lol don't mind her then. people used to stare at me cos I had a boyfriend and I was like "oh they're just jealous cos he's got dimples" :P we broke up though :frown: and I still haven't gotten over him 100%. it's like 99.99% hahahaha. but anyway, this friend of yours is weird. :P

Latest

Trending

Trending