The Student Room Group

Should I wax my chest for holiday? Will girls like it..

Poll

Should I wax my upper body? Chest, back etc

I am in 2 minds whether to get my uper body waxed for my summer holiday this year. I am going on a clubbing holiday to Malia and I think i should. Do girls really care if a guy has a hairy chest or not? I dont want to shave it because the last time I did that, it came back spikey and itched me for ages.

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Is it really hairy? For some reason happy trails on guys are really attractive. If you have a hairy back, defo get a back wax.
Reply 2
all i say is that if you do, then have a trial run before to test you won't react badly to it, the last thing you'll want is a red, blotchy chest on holiday

lou xxx
:love: mmmmm......hairy chests are so hot on a guy - DO NOT WAX IT! In fact... post a pic :biggrin:

Wax the back, if its super hairy, but a bit of hair on the chest is quite sexy
Reply 5
It depends how hairy you are really. If it's grizzly bear style then I'd suggest you get down the salon. Otherwise a bit of hair never hurt anyone.
Reply 6
Wax it! Wax it! I love smooth chests!
well how dark is the hair and is there loads of it?

I really like slightly hairy chests.
hairy backs are not attractive, but if it's only a tiny bit I wouldn't be bothered.

unless you're like gorilla man I reccommend you leave it; besides are you trying to pull women or girls?...
Reply 8
PERSONALLY I love hairy guys, because its MASCULINE. I cannot STAND baby smooth chests on guys. But its all down to personal opinion.

You'll find that its usually 50/50 with girls and their preferences to guys body hair. You'll never be able to please EVERYBODY, so just do what pleases YOU because whatever you do about your chest/back... half the girls you meet will hate it, half the girls you meet will love it :smile:

Sarah
Reply 9
Umm...NO.

Like everyone's said, a hairy back should go but otherwise, you shoudn't bother. The idea of a man being vain enough to wax is worse than the idea of a man being hairy.
Reply 10
Has anyone ever felt what a waxed chest feels like? Its horrible.
Reply 11
The idea of leaving my chest hair but just waxing the (not very much!) hair on my back is more wierd than waxing both!
I think you should wax it because in my experience girls like a smooth chest. I do shave mine and thankfully it stays smooth plus i cant stand hair on my chest it looks horrible
Reply 13
No. Hair or no hair are both fine, but stick with what you have, seriously. Chest waxing is not hot.

Edit: Back hair is probably more worth removing though...
wax it

smooth is so much sexier imo
Reply 15
so_this_is_sam
wax it

smooth is so much sexier imo

agreed. plus if you wax you can get a nice even tan on your body and then at least when the hair does grow back you wil have a lovely tan underneath.
Reply 16
I think other people have said this, but don't wax unless there is A LOT of hair. No hair at all is kind of creepy on guys.
Reply 17
Wax it, if I was in your position i would. I'd hate to have a hairy chest.
Reply 18
Don't wax it. I've been to Malia - you'll pull, it will be fine. xx
Reply 19
My chest is pretty damn hairy... although I started shaving it last summer... haha... only reason really was to get the skin tanned underneath it as in previous years it looks well odd with a white patch under the hair...

but yeah, most girls i know don't seem to like it... but the older women...Love it! lol.

something else i've noticed is other guys get really jealous of mine when they see it... hmmm :s-smilie:.

Latest