Turn on thread page Beta

guys: mother-like girlfriends or submissve girlfriends? watch

Guys, just curious about your thoughts on girls.

Do you prefer to have a mother-like girlfriend or a more (can't think of a word) um, submissive (not in a slavish way) girlfriend who does what you say?
    And so, do you prefer to be the domineering one in the relationship?

I personally can't stand girls who tell me what to do.

cheers.

ReputationRep:
    a girl dominating my relationship?!! HELL NOOOOO!!

its SUPPOSED to be the other way around.... the guy IS supposed to be more dominant than the girl, or else the relationship doesnt last... i dont care HOW MUCH anyone argues over that, my argument still wins...

i'm not saying the guy should BOSS the girl around .... all i'm saying is that the guy should be in ENOUGH CONTROL to LEAD the relationship, not FOLLOW the lead.... he should decide where to go on dates, what to do, who has to pay etc.

a "mother-like girlfriend" and "son-like boyfriend" relationship is good only for marriage... it WILL NOT LAST... mark my words there...

ReputationRep:
    So it won't last, but it's only good for marriage? :confused:

:ditto: what do you mean? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    what i'm saying is a normal bf-gf relationship will not last long ....

but a marriage will last, because ultimately the woman ends up taking control of a marriage... true in most cases

a girlfriend will DUMP her bf when she starts taking control, coz she will lose interest in him... but a wife CANT really dump her husband jus coz she "loses interest", can she?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anjurdsg)
    a wife CANT really dump her husband jus coz she "loses interest", can she?
    Er, yeah she can...

ReputationRep:
    what i'm saying is a normal bf-gf relationship will not last long ....

but a marriage will last, because ultimately the woman ends up taking control of a marriage... true in most cases

a girlfriend will DUMP her bf when she starts taking control, coz she will lose interest in him... but a wife CANT really dump her husband jus coz she "loses interest", can she?
    sounds like you're still living in the dark ages...both parties should have equal control in a relationship

ReputationRep:
    there's a LOT of factors involved in marriage to just DUMP your spouse like that... its much more different than a bf-gf relationship ... you just dont divorce someone coz there's no "attraction"... that's immature

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Essence™)
    sounds like you're still living in the dark ages...both parties should have equal control in a relationship
    elaborate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Essence™)
    Agreed. There’s nothing worse than someone bossing their gf or bf…I pity them because I don’t like being told what to do.

But I think some people enjoy being controlled…:eek: :confused:

ReputationRep:
    here goes anjurdsh with that alpha male crap again and writing RANDOM words in CAPITAL letters

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluedreamer)
    Agreed. There’s nothing worse than someone bossing their gf or bf…I pity them because I don’t like being told what to do.

But I think some people enjoy being controlled…:eek: :confused:
    you should read my post again

i'm not saying the guy should BOSS the girl around .... all i'm saying is that the guy should be in ENOUGH CONTROL to LEAD the relationship, not FOLLOW the lead.... he should decide where to go on dates, what to do, who has to pay etc.

ReputationRep:
    there's a LOT of factors involved in marriage to just DUMP your spouse like that... its much more different than a bf-gf relationship ... you just dont divorce someone coz there's no "attraction"... that's immature
    You can't just dump them, but you can certainly get fed up with acting like their mother and walk away from the marriage.

Besides, if it wouldn't work in a non-married relationship, how would they ever get to BE married in the first place?

ReputationRep:
    a girlfriend will DUMP her bf when she starts taking control, coz she will lose interest in him...
    I sadly agree with this because i was the boss and i thought my ex was too lauzy. I'm not proud to say this tho. :mad: Guys who can take controls are more attractive.

ReputationRep:
    ... you just dont divorce someone coz there's no "attraction"... that's immature
    how is that immature!!?? if theres no attraction then obvioulsy the marriage will be crap n unhappy n boring etc etc
    Do u realise if u have an attitude like that then no-one will want to marry u!! or maybe thats ur plan, to be alone for ever and ever and ever and ever............................ ................................ ...............

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    You can't just dump them, but you can certainly get fed up with acting like their mother and walk away from the marriage.

Besides, if it wouldn't work in a non-married relationship, how would they ever get to BE married in the first place?
    dont ask me to fathom the way a woman's mind works...

I've heard of a book called "The Rules" meant for women teaching them how to get a man married to them... yes, men can be "TRAPPED" into marriage, they can... yes, we can be manipulated easily...

we can be manipulated into giving a woman commitment...

ReputationRep:
    I think if a guy likes a submissive girl, he will manage to find a girl that likes to follow him. Likewise for girls and vice versa for both.

There are many kinds of relationships that can work as long as both parties enjoy/like it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talya)
    I think if a guy likes a submissive girl, he will manage to find a girl that likes to follow him. Likewise for girls and vice versa for both.

There are many kinds of relationships that can work as long as both parties enjoy/like it!
    True

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lillybut)
    how is that immature!!?? if theres no attraction then obvioulsy the marriage will be crap n unhappy n boring etc etc
    Do u realise if u have an attitude like that then no-one will want to marry u!! or maybe thats ur plan, to be alone for ever and ever and ever and ever............................ ................................ ...............
    "to be alone for ever and ever and ever and ever..................."
    lol, real mature...

even if the marriage is "unhappy n crap n boring etc", it still has to last... what if they have kids? what will happen to the kids? they will be devastated from their parents' divorce...

and yes, it IS very immature to divorce someone coz you're not "attracted to them anymore"...

ReputationRep:
    a girl dominating my relationship?!! HELL NOOOOO!!

its SUPPOSED to be the other way around.... the guy IS supposed to be more dominant than the girl, or else the relationship doesnt last... i dont care HOW MUCH anyone argues over that, my argument still wins...

a "mother-like girlfriend" and "son-like boyfriend" relationship is good only for marriage... it WILL NOT LAST... mark my words there...
    My mum is way more dominant than my dad he'l do anything she says and they have been together since about 18 they are nearly 60 now.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2006
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.