Missed first night of freshers...socially screwed? Watch

Redd9
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I had no idea there was an event on tonight..by the time I had unpacked and sorted out my stuff it was 8:00 (got here late) now I hear on the internet there was a pub crawl across the the campus bars?

I don't even know where the bars are so now I'm sitting here in Canterbury in my room completely bored and missing out on socializing on the first day!
Alexandra's Box
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Nah, just be insane the rest of the week.
clumsybear
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Have all your flatmates gone as well? Why not look for the event on facebook and then try and get yourself down there? I doubt all the freshers at Kent are at one bar/club/pub.
Forum User
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
http://www.kent.ac.uk/maps/canterbur...ampus-flat.pdf

1) Look where the bars are on that map
2) Go to the bars.
3) ......
4) Profit

Or try http://www.kentunion.co.uk, click the going out tab, ring each venue since the phone numbers are listed and ask them if they have seen any freshers.
Redd9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by clumsybear)
Have all your flatmates gone as well? Why not look for the event on facebook and then try and get yourself down there? I doubt all the freshers at Kent are at one bar/club/pub.
I haven't even met my flatmates yet...I had a shower, toilet and went to the kitchen without meeting a single individual. They must be all at a club somewhere...ugh this is going terribly I feel like I want to go home.
ebam_uk
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just think everyone us getting smashed and getting laid & u r missing out on the mass orgy of std's being spread like crazy. You are doomed to social failure.
PrismaticCore
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Get over it, you have three whole years to catch up for that ONE IMPORTANT NIGHT that you have missed.
tehforum
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Redd9)
I haven't even met my flatmates yet...I had a shower, toilet and went to the kitchen without meeting a single individual. They must be all at a club somewhere...ugh this is going terribly I feel like I want to go home.
meet them when they return drunk and sick

then its a new day, get to know them and do the same
clumsybear
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Redd9)

Calm down it's only your first night! Have you tried going into the Kitchen? Maybe knock on one of the doors and introduce yourself to them. If no ones there then head out, the post above looked very useful for directions.

So you didn't immediately become bezzie mates with people, but get yourself out there and start looking for friends. I've been to Canterbury before it's very studenty and fairly small so go and explore! I guess tomorrow try and get to know your flatmates at breakfast.
bobular
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
To Redd9,

Dont worry at all. The only people anyone really "gets to know" on the first day are your housemates (or people neighbouring you), the pub crawl was not a place to meet people. It consisted mostly of people drinking, standing with their housemates and chatting with their housemates.

You will meet people tomorrow and you'll begin to feel more comfortable, it's just unfortunate that you arrived late and missed your flatmates; they will, however, be there tomorrow for you to meet! ;-)
ihatebrownbread
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
ffs calm down- you are getting too paranoid. Go out with you're flat mates tomorrow
gagaslilmonsteruk
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
2 of my flatmates missed the first night of freshers last year, but it didn't make an impact on them.
Champagne Supernova
Report 7 years ago
I hope you've had a better day and had a chance to meet your flatmates. It's certainly not social suicide and you have ages to meet not only your flatmates, but anyone else! Rememeber, you'll still have to meet everyone on your course yet
geebee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Don't worry, it's only one night, you still have the entire week ahead! Just get a good night's sleep and be cool for your poor hungover flatmates tomorrow. Make them toast and give them paracetamols? Then get in on what they plan to do tomorrow night.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (101)
67.79%
No I haven't decided yet (28)
18.79%
Yes but I might change my mind (20)
13.42%

Watched Threads