The Student Room Group

BSc Physiotherapy At Essex?

I looked on the Essex website and found they do physiotherapy even though it's not actually listed on the UCAS website...

The minimum for an offer is only 160 UCAS points which is fairly bizzare compared to other uni's where a minimum is 300 at least. Then, it says it's only a part time degree? :confused: lasting two years..

Would it be really worth it using this as my insurance or is there something more I need to know?
Reply 1
You sure it's a Bsc? The Msc course could be done over 2 years part time - it's usually 18 months I believe. If this is the case then to gain access to this you would need a relevant previous degree in something like sports science or osteopathy. Would explain why the UCAS points are so low as they are pretty irrelevant due to needing a degree at 2:2 level already. You wouldn't be able to use this as your insurance.

If it is a Bsc, then I think there must be some sort of error. The physio course is 3 years full-time, so there is no way you could do the same course in 2 years part time.
Reply 2
Original post by Ironmike
You sure it's a Bsc? The Msc course could be done over 2 years part time - it's usually 18 months I believe. If this is the case then to gain access to this you would need a relevant previous degree in something like sports science or osteopathy. Would explain why the UCAS points are so low as they are pretty irrelevant due to needing a degree at 2:2 level already. You wouldn't be able to use this as your insurance.

If it is a Bsc, then I think there must be some sort of error. The physio course is 3 years full-time, so there is no way you could do the same course in 2 years part time.

That is what I thought but I looked at requirements and there no mention of a 2:1. Only UCAS point. Also, theres a seperate course for MSc entirely.

http://www.essex.ac.uk/coursefinder/course_details.aspx?course=BSC+B16048
Reply 3
Original post by P.Adeyemo
That is what I thought but I looked at requirements and there no mention of a 2:1. Only UCAS point. Also, theres a seperate course for MSc entirely.

http://www.essex.ac.uk/coursefinder/course_details.aspx?course=BSC+B16048

Not sure where you have got the two years bit from? Says 48 months part time on the 2013 entry requirements tab. Also says it on overview.

Never come across that one before - it is a low UCAS requirement yes which is a bit odd. Guess they are maybe looking to attract a wider diversity of students who haven't necessarily got the usual ABB type qualifications but whom might make excellent physios none the less.
Reply 4
It's a 4 year part time course, mainly aimed at physio assistants who have a lot of work experience but wish to progress onto studying physio whilst still working at the same time.
Reply 5
Original post by djk_99
It's a 4 year part time course, mainly aimed at physio assistants who have a lot of work experience but wish to progress onto studying physio whilst still working at the same time.

How do you know this?
Reply 6
Do you think I'd have a chance of getting in with D*D*D* in Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care with 9 GCSE's A-C but without loads of physio work experience?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending