Switching from English to Geography Watch

fonzievision
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
KCL still has Extra places for Geography.

I got an offer for English and accepted it, but am thinking it is the wrong path for me. I am thinking of switching to geography -- Do you think they'll accept this? Who should I speak to?
kay0
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by fonzievision)
KCL still has Extra places for Geography.

I got an offer for English and accepted it, but am thinking it is the wrong path for me. I am thinking of switching to geography -- Do you think they'll accept this? Who should I speak to?
I think you will be able to switch to geography, providing you have an a-level in geography. I'm at kings now, and usually they have a fare few places available through clearing. I'd recommend that you call the admissions dept for advice, it shouldn't be a problem. Or just wait till you get to kings, then switch in the first week. I know plenty of people here that have done that.
Ovid
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I did exactly the same thing!!! (though I had been rejected first of all for law and then decided geog was for me). I got in touch with the head admissions tutor (Dr Donald McNeil) and basically told him my situation, told him my grades and UMS + unit marks for geog (my grades I think were the deciding factor), he then got back to me and said no problem and made me an offer the next day. It was pretty simple, you should have no problem.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (76)
27.14%
No (204)
72.86%

Watched Threads