Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Are the year 10 exams like mocks? Do u do them in evry subject u have chosen?

ReputationRep:
    No nothing like mocks... you do them in every subject (well, I did), but to be honest, my biology exam looked like it had been rustled up by the Science department the night before.... I wouldn't bother revising more than a couple of weeks before the exams, as they really are pointless (I can't stress this fact enough).

ReputationRep:
    That's not strictly true. Some schools use them to get predicted grades before the mocks. Really, it's worth revising, since then there's less to deal with in Y11.

ReputationRep:
    Ours were the same format as mocks (ie, past papers). You don't need to bother revising much though cos theyre not important. Having said that, i revised more for them than I did for my mocks but thats cos mocks are useless

ReputationRep:
    itsw really important that you revise for your exams because thats how they can tell if you will do the higher or lower gcse paper. so its a good idea to revise. hope ive helped

They were exactly like the mocks for me.

ReputationRep:
    No1 in my school really cared about the yr 10 exams, and when the mocks came we kinda revised but every1 usually begins to stress out after easter break, which is in 2 weeks for us.

ReputationRep:
    My year 10 history exam had almost exactly word for word the same section as the one in my actual exam. Sometimes they use specimen papers for the current year because the syllabus is unlukely to change. Worth revising a bit for.

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.