Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i'm doing maths, further maths, chemistry and physics and was wondering about the courseworks involved in each?

in particular i was wondering that since my school is trying to make me do S1 (and possibly S2) maths do i have to do coursework for S1? or can i choose to do M1 coursework instead?

or do i have to do M1 and S1 coursework?

basically if i do statistics and mechanics can i choose which coursework i do, is it a forced decision or do i have to do both?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blag dahlia113)
    i'm doing maths, further maths, chemistry and physics and was wondering about the courseworks involved in each?

in particular i was wondering that since my school is trying to make me do S1 (and possibly S2) maths do i have to do coursework for S1? or can i choose to do M1 coursework instead?

basically if i do statistics and mechanics can i choose which coursework i do, is it a forced decision or do i have to do both?

I expect you'll have to do both.
    I'm not on the same exam board as you, but you don't get a choice - some modules require you to do cwk to get the module

ReputationRep:
    it depends on your exam board. in edexcel only S3 and S6 has coursework

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the middle of my coursework for S1 now... so obviously i have to do it...

I'm not sure if you'll have to do both, but i expect that you'll have to....

ReputationRep:

If you do AQA maths you will have no coursework where maths is concerned..

ReputationRep:
    i'm doing edexcel gcse so i'd presume i will continue with this board for my as/a levels.

i hope i don't have to do 2 statisitcs courseworks

What is the physics/chemistry coursework like compared to the gcse standard?

ReputationRep:
    i'm doing edexcel gcse so i'd presume i will continue with this board for my as/a levels.

i hope i don't have to do 2 statisitcs courseworks

What is the physics/chemistry coursework like compared to the gcse standard?
    For AQA, the Chemistry is much easier, they board guide you through what you need to do. Nothing like GCSE at all.

Physics at OCR, are courseworks based on experimentation and some theory.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ainat87)
    I'm in the middle of my coursework for S1 now... so obviously i have to do it...

I'm not sure if you'll have to do both, but i expect that you'll have to....

you need to do a coursework for statistics ? didnt know that what ar eyou doing yours on>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    it depends on your exam board. in edexcel only S3 and S6 has coursework
    WJEC has none for pure stats or mechanics but there is a small matter of coursework for WJEC physics.... blegh!

Donna
    -x-

ReputationRep:
    I've had to do coursework for all my Stats modules - that's 1, 2 and 4, but for no othe mods (pure 1-6, mech, methods, discrete). I think i'm AQA, but not certain. Generally modules may or may not include obligatory coursework, whatever the exam board.

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.