chessington world of adventure/thorpe park Watch

lolly pop
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
hi i was wondering if anyone knew or has any idea of when these 2 theme parks start looking for staff to work during the summer as i have been interested in working there the past couple of months but there have not yet been any vacancies suitable for me avaliable (there have only been managers positions)
thanks

Laura
mark1010
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
Probably best to fire off an email or something to their recruitment / HR or whoever (haven't had a look) with the question. Also there is bound to be a phone number to give them a call.

I'd go for thorpe park - waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more fun!

Mark
lolly pop
Rep:
?
cool thanks, i think ill do that, i would go to thorpe park but im think of the train fare to get there and also time etc (althought i dunno y as i only pay quater of the fare!)
LooCee
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
They do all their recruiting in January! All the new starters have had their interviews and assessments by now! If you're lucky something might come up if anyone leaves, but at the moment they're completely full (I work there!), so keep checking their website. Or give them a call. Your availability will need to be quite good though!
lolly pop
Rep:
?
thank LooCee! i keep checking both parks websites and a large amount of jobs by the looks of it have become avaliable in thorpe park so im going to try and apply there. I would probably be able to work for a few months as i finish my 1st yr of college on May26th and have from then until september 4th (i think) free. btw i did email them about a week ago but have had no reply.
black_mamba
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I submitted my CV to Chessington (through people-bank) when I first started uni as its very local to me and I've had a few interviews at random intervals. Most of them were actually around Sept time which is a bit odd.

Make an application online and if they like you but haven't any jobs available, they'll tend to call as soon as new positions become available.
lucy smith
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
I did a season at Chessington a few years, ago on rides, it was quite good fun however procedures were rubbish, you got searched like loads of times, you had to hand your uniform in 4 discs everynight and then get changed into your own clothes and you could not get any food from the retail outlets eg: mcd's, pizza hut etc. you had to use the staff canteen which was more expensive!

There is a way around that, finish work, get changed and go back into the park in your own clothes and then just walk out of the park via the guest gates and not the security gate.
black_mamba
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by lucy smith)
There is a way around that, finish work, get changed and go back into the park in your own clothes and then just walk out of the park via the guest gates and not the security gate.
LoL very cool. What was it like trying to manage those queues full of excitable kids waiting to go on rides?
lolly pop
Rep:
?
i wouldnt mind not being able to get food from mcd's, pizza hut etc as i dont really like them! i did start to apply online for thorpe park earlier but unfortunetly i couldnt put down any references as at the moment i work for my families business and im on college holidays until wednesday so now ive got to wait until then.
even thought i live quiet away away (i live in essex) i dont mind having to travel, as i will be going by train but i only have to pay quater of the fair as my dad is a train driver
black_mamba
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Wow thats some distance!! I live a bus ride away from Chessington, and I'm a massive theme park junkie but travelling across London and Surrey for such a low paying job is gonna be though IMO - good luck!
Clarence
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I applied, got through and they said they would contact me to arrange an assesment day.

Haven't heard from them for like 3 weeks.
lolly pop
Rep:
?
i bet its better pay than i get now! i get paid Β£3.75 an hour and only work saturdays and have to travel about 45 mins to get there
lolly pop
Rep:
?
well i finaly applied on wednesday night so now ive just go to see if i get anything like a reply or something!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (23)
42.59%
Pro-humanity (31)
57.41%

Watched Threads