Turn on thread page Beta

Contact Lens Complications watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suzi_law)
    Ive had then since i was 15, so thats like 3 years + and i've never ever had a problem with them. Love my contacts... never go anywhere without them... except swimming lol
    I go swimming in mine With goggles on anyway, done scuba diving wearing them as well!

ReputationRep:
    Those seem like very serious cases which i bet happen to about 1 in 60 billion....aka your more likely to get run over by a bus than them happen to you.

Been wearing them for ages and ages. couple of times ive rubbed my eyes hard and the contact lense has broken up in my eye but you just go to boots and they put dye in your eye and get them out no probs.

Theres obviously eye infections, but just make sure you weash your hands and your fine.

ReputationRep:
    Worn contacts for nearly 11 years without a single problem. Have flitted between dailies and monthlies.

ReputationRep:
    I've been wearing them for about 5 years and I've only had one eye infection (didn't clean the case for ages). As long as your "clean" with them (always washing your hands before you put them in, sterilising the case, changing solution in the case) you should be fine
    Once I put two in the one eye (was watching morning tv at the time) - not advised :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scots_Law)
    I've been wearing them for about 5 years and I've only had one eye infection (didn't clean the case for ages). As long as your "clean" with them (always washing your hands before you put them in, sterilising the case, changing solution in the case) you should be fine
    Once I put two in the one eye (was watching morning tv at the time) - not advised :p:
    Hehe, my friend did that when she got up really early one day to catch a plane. She couldn't figure out what is was that was making her feel weird and was really grumpy with her boyfriend til she shut one eye and realised it was blurry.....
    I;ve not really had that many problems with mine, but lately they're starting to hurt if I've left them in more than 8 hours, which is weird because I've worn them for up to 18 hours before with no problems...:confused:

ReputationRep:
    I was playing football in them once and headed the ball...i lost my vision in one eye and i thought it had fallen out so played on. I got the other one out when i had finished and put my glasses on and thought no more of it.

Later on my eye started really itching, i assumed the lens was slightly scratched where the lens had been knocked out, it got worse and was pretty painful... i went to the doctors and opticians and they both thought it may be a small scratch but couldnt see anything.

Next morning my eye was swollen and was red and oozing pus, i couldnt help but itch it, after a couple of days using prescribed drops it was no better, i pulled down the bottom of the eyelid and saw a mass of pus built up - being a disgusting teen i pulled it and lo and behold, a folded up contact lens coated in pus followed it out from right below my eye.

I am sure you will be fine with them.

ReputationRep:
    only one tip, never sleep with them....ever

i still have bad memories. lets put it like this....imagine having your eyes dipped in industrial strength acid, and then having a huge hot metal rod burnign your retina.....thats what it feels like

ReputationRep:
    that depends on what type of contact lens you have. You can get day and night one from specsavers where you sleep with them in

ReputationRep:
    it took me a while to get used to them, particularly in a morning it used to take ages to put them in! but after 3 years of wearing them ive had no problems and they just feel like my normal 'eyes' now.

ReputationRep:
    I put them both in the same eye before too. And somehow managed to put them in the wrong eyes after I went swimming. But apart from that the worst thing is if a bit of fluff or something gets on it in between taking out of the case and putting it in, but it hurts so badly you automatically know so take it out!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.