Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i use loreal remix stuff. tub of the stuff lasts ages.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tednol)
    Dax wax. It's hardcore.
    finally the words of a genius...there is nothing quite like a good pot of dax...(note: get the red one, the blue one makes you a greaseball and the purple one is...well just gay)...
    £2.50 a pot...last on average- about 20 months...remember this stuff is heaven- you need such a tiny amount to style a lot of hair- put too much in...your hair is like cement...

small note...doesnt wash out that easily- (i.e- you cant just put your head under the cold tap...) however it does prove useful on a big night out that you can style it again when you wake up the next mornig...

there are few things more beautiful in life then a fresh pot of dax...a good idea is to let the wax ferment and develop like a fine wine on your windowshelf...take the lid off, stir gently with finger and return to in 1-4 weeks...yyour dax should be a darker, murkier colour with a more pungent aroma...this is at optimum functionality- however it will retain good use for years to come....

the best before date of 2020 on the bottom of the tins is testament to how good this stuff is........hmm...im going to go and eat some. (no kidding- i acutally did that with fudge before- it just smells so nice!!!)

ReputationRep:
    Yeh the VO5 wax is exactly the same as Dax wax, except a bigger tub. Stick it on the radiator, its so much better.

ReputationRep:
    for those only with access to the more humble supermarket and not a salon holding warehouse, fructis ultra strong spiking gel is both amazingly tough, durable, long lived and has a smell that the ladies seem attracted to. dont ask me the science, but do take heed of this wonderful gift to malekind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dforster)
    finally the words of a genius...there is nothing quite like a good pot of dax...(note: get the red one, the blue one makes you a greaseball and the purple one is...well just gay)...
    £2.50 a pot...last on average- about 20 months...remember this stuff is heaven- you need such a tiny amount to style a lot of hair- put too much in...your hair is like cement...
    I had the blue one, but even when I put on a tiny bit I managed to acheive the greasy unwashed look, - not pleasant!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bitewing)
    Is that what your using in your photo!?!
    In my defense, photo was taken after a long tough day at work! But yea, I'd have put Dax in when I got up in the morning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dforster)

small note...doesnt wash out that easily- (i.e- you cant just put your head under the cold tap...) however it does prove useful on a big night out that you can style it again when you wake up the next mornig...

there are few things more beautiful in life then a fresh pot of dax...a good idea is to let the wax ferment and develop like a fine wine on your windowshelf...take the lid off, stir gently with finger and return to in 1-4 weeks...yyour dax should be a darker, murkier colour with a more pungent aroma...this is at optimum functionality- however it will retain good use for years to come....

the best before date of 2020 on the bottom of the tins is testament to how good this stuff is........hmm...im going to go and eat some. (no kidding- i acutally did that with fudge before- it just smells so nice!!!)
    Well said dude! I know Dax may to some people just be a hair product, but I prefer to think of it as a lifestyle choice...

Regards it not washing out easily, I got the following advice which works very well from some bloke who cut my hair 18 months back. He said to massage shampoo into my hair before using any water. Then you wash the shampoo out, and can remember what your hair was like before you lost your Dax virginity.

NB And yes I am talking about the red tin.

ReputationRep:
    Well said dude! I know Dax may to some people just be a hair product, but I prefer to think of it as a lifestyle choice...

Regards it not washing out easily, I got the following advice which works very well from some bloke who cut my hair 18 months back. He said to massage shampoo into my hair before using any water. Then you wash the shampoo out, and can remember what your hair was like before you lost your Dax virginity.

NB And yes I am talking about the red tin.
    Yes, Dax Wax is the best. I used to use VO5 but discovered Dax a couple of years ago. The stuff lasts for ages - the tub and the effect. I leave the tub on the window sill with the top off. It's a chore to get the stuff out of your hands as well.

I usually wash my hair twice in succession with Timotei to get the stuff out. I have used about half a dozen different shampoos but I find two rounds of Timotei gets the stuff out best.

J.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rover)
    is it me or cant u ever find a good gel or wax. they duunt last and at the end of the day ure hair looks crap. any suggestions for the peeps with bad hair............................ ....
    fructis isn't bad, just it's kinda goopy..
    Frizz ease if ur hair's frizzy, or simply any old hairspray!!!

ReputationRep:
    I use that Loreal Radical Gel stuff, which is pretty groovy for my hair. It's not exactly gel, you only need a tiny bit and it's like glue!

ReputationRep:
    Vo5 fibre putty is pretty ace, slid through hair then style. also if you like fluffy looks got ot go for lorial special effects studio just out of best its only for short hair though.

I hate warm custard!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hornblower)
    Yes, Dax Wax is the best. I used to use VO5 but discovered Dax a couple of years ago. The stuff lasts for ages - the tub and the effect. I leave the tub on the window sill with the top off. It's a chore to get the stuff out of your hands as well.

I usually wash my hair twice in succession with Timotei to get the stuff out. I have used about half a dozen different shampoos but I find two rounds of Timotei gets the stuff out best.

J.
    i am loving the dax talk here!!
    tednol- you are bang on....dax is a lifestyle choice....its a statement...it says to the world- here i am, come and get me.....and by golly when you've got a fresh load of dax red in your hair well why wouldnt they???

word to the wise....never use dax when cold..remember to thoroughly rub your hand together first to warm up those so not natural oils...

and hornblower...well people like clean hair- but why get rid of the dax from it...enjoy the feeling of freshly styled hair- straight out the shower...

every dax tin tells a story as well....if only they could speak...fellow dax users, think of all the places you've taken your dax, the holidays you've been on, the trips away....tans have been developed and faded.the girls have come, and gone again....the seasons have rolled by but does your dax ever leave you....of course it doesn't (dont lose it.)

gentleman- to the finer things in life....DAX WAX RED........hoorah!

ReputationRep:
    Dax wax. It's hardcore.
    where dop you buy it? what shop???????? sounds wicked

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ianbradshaw2002)
    where dop you buy it? what shop???????? sounds wicked
    Yeah, I may be a girl bit i want some DAX RED!

ReputationRep:
    L'oreal "Glue" you have to buy it in a hairdresser's. MMMm coconutty.

OMG roommate is playing really loud awful "power ballads". Out come the earplugs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hornblower)

J.
    This is the exact problem I have, I have to have the tap on scolding hot to get it off my hands, and I have to wash it about 3 times with shampoo to get it out. The plus side is, when you put a fresh coating on, you can use it for a few days by just wetting your hair again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    shave it off :cool:
    or wait for it to be shaved off naturally....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    or wait for it to be shaved off naturally....
    Then you can just use 'turtle wax'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Then you can just use 'turtle wax'.
    ooooooooooo.. so snide!!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    ooooooooooo.. so snide!!! :eek:
    But quite amusing

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.