Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Delete
RK
  • TSR Community Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
No, it is not true that gel makes yor hair fall out. Brycreem will be the same.

It is true that using too mucg gel can make your hair clump togehter and help to show your scalp, giving the impression of thinning hair, but it has not actually fallen out.
hapa_girl
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I don't know really.. 2 of my guy friends wore gel non stop and their hair began to really thin out (you could see their scalp) so it could cause hair loss I suppose but I'm no scientist!

Sarah
lawrence4
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by thebigshow)
hey every1.

I only recently started putting brylcreem in my hair, and have a couple of questions:

1) is it true that it makes ur hair fall out if you dont wash it out every night?

2) Can i leave it on or do i have to wash it out?

I have heard that ALL gels make ur hair fall out, and was wondering if this was true.

thanks
geof

Never heard that before... If you don't wash it out then depending on the gel it may appear that you have dandruff when in actual fact it's the gel, on some of the gels you may get big clumps of white stuff in the morning, this is dried gel, other gels just make your hair look a bit greasy. Best using a water based one to avoid this, although this can be a less strong i.e. a bit of wind and your hair's messed up.

I always wash my hair every morning anyways.
charlotte m
Report 12 years ago
No, I really don't think it will make your hair fall out. My brothers have been using it for years! Obviously wash your hair but don't think you need to be obsessive. Don't worry! I'm sure they wouldn't be allowed to sell it if it made your hair fall out! Would they...?! X X X
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (252)
27.21%
No (674)
72.79%

Watched Threads