Goldney/Manor hall or Winkworth house? Watch

Lecter
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Current bristol students especially med students what is your advice on halls? Are the student house quiet, socially?

Also 38 weeks contract vs woodland court 48 week contract? since i live int he midlands, well tamworth it going to be difficult coming back unless i take my car to bring my stuff back, and from what i have read its not only going to be awkward taking my car but expensive.

Preference of halls being self-catered, single room and en suite if possible also close to the main university departments as i cant hack the long 2 mile walk from stoke bishops.

Thank you for your help! Much appreciated.
ciara
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well if you reeeally want ensuite then Winkworth, but of those places I think Goldney is waaayyy nicer than the rest. Have you come here to have a look around? It's gorgeous. I didn't realise Manor and Goldney had 38 week contracts though: it is really expensive and pointless to bring a car.
Lecter
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by ciara)
Well if you reeeally want ensuite then Winkworth, but of those places I think Goldney is waaayyy nicer than the rest. Have you come here to have a look around? It's gorgeous. I didn't realise Manor and Goldney had 38 week contracts though: it is really expensive and pointless to bring a car.
Yeah i visited my friend in his freshers week as he was staying at goldney and doing civil engineering but he dropped out and reapplied to loughborough civil engineering. I was really impressed by goldney hall and seemed quite secure and nice atmosphere. Me, my bristol mate and his twin brother and another friend who came down to bristol with me were walking through the complex and people there really nice, we even got offered breakfast by total strangers (well other students eating outside as the weather was great). I planned the trip down to bristol to take a look at it so if i was asked anything significant at interview. And also decide if i liked place.

The gardens were amazing for student accommodation and the common room in that old manor house! I would definately like to visit bristol again and hope there is some sort of post offer open day, if not then i may drive down with another friend who has applied here for aeronautical system engineering and civil engineering.

I think i will need a car in the later years when i do clinical attachments at the hospitals or have to travel to the 1st year attachments at gp practises but then again depending how far they are and journey time....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1628)
78.91%
Leave (435)
21.09%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed