Million Dead Watch

Tonight Matthew
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Probably my favourite ever band, and seeing as my music taste is impeccable, this must mean they were amazingly good.

Any fans?
cappucino07
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Never heard of em sorry.

They do sound mightily screamo though.
.Andrew.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Same here, recommend some songs, and ill have a listen to them
=nuke=
Badges: 11
Report 12 years ago
That 'seeing as my music taste is impeccable' part... sounds like you, morgangills. :p:
cappucino07
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
He might be a future version of me...if my memory serves me correctly he does Politics at York.

Dodgy.
Tonight Matthew
Rep:
?
What songs have you heard, morgangills? They aren't 'screamo' really, the singer just screams sometimes. I know that sounds stupid but 'screamo' is more distinctive than just screaming.

Btw, the lyrics are amazing.
Tonight Matthew
Rep:
?

What a picture. I look hot.
half face
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Tonight Matthew)
Probably my favourite ever band, and seeing as my music taste is impeccable, this must mean they were amazingly good.

Any fans?
The only song I've heard is 'I Am the Party', and it's alright. What else would you recommend?
cappucino07
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
What songs have you heard, morgangills? They aren't 'screamo' really, the singer just screams sometimes. I know that sounds stupid but 'screamo' is more distinctive than just screaming.

Btw, the lyrics are amazing.
As I said...I've never even heard of them.

My "screamo" comment was directed at their name...I will dl some of their stuff.
Tonight Matthew
Rep:
?
(Original post by jeff's_dead)
The only song I've heard is 'I Am the Party', and it's alright. What else would you recommend?
Just buy / download their first album, 'A Song To Ruin'. Their only other album 'Harmony No Harmony' is still really decent, but not as good as their debut. Best songs off HNH: After the Rush Hour, Carthago Est Delenda, To Whom It May Concern.
half face
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Just buy / download their first album, 'A Song To Ruin'. Their only other album 'Harmony No Harmony' is still really decent, but not as good as their debut. Best songs off HNH: After the Rush Hour, Carthago Est Delenda, To Whom It May Concern.
I will try to find it cheaply somewhere. Thanks for the recommendation

Edit: I think my sister has their first album, she made me a CD that had one of those songs on. I would ask her to borrow it now... but she would actually kill me if I woke her up for that
Tonight Matthew
Rep:
?
Very random, but I notice you live in Southsea, you don't happen to know a bloke called Elio do you? Obviously there's no reason you would, just wondering.
half face
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Very random, but I notice you live in Southsea, you don't happen to know a bloke called Elio do you? Obviously there's no reason you would, just wondering.
Hahaha, sadly not, sorry. But if he's friends with a very small attractive brunette that went to the We Are Scientists gig last Wednesday, then I will go out of my way to track him down :p:
Biffy Clyro
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Million Dead are one of my favourite bands ever.

I first saw them at the Astoria with Hundred Reasons back in Feburary 2004... got the album a few weeks before.

Ever since I've been totally addicted. Especially live.

Can't believe they went and split up.

P.s. I have to agree that "A Song to Ruin" is a better album than their newest.

P.P.S. To get an idea of their sound I think they've been compared to Hundred Reasons and ...Trail of Dead (at least Source Codes and Tags- the only album I've got)
bobbob
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I saw them once live and thought they were dreadful - didn't make me wanna buy the albums at all. Lead singer seemed like a nice guy though. Prefer Glassjaw.
heliotrope
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i prefer frank's solo stuff. million dead were good, but i was never blown away by them...
sea tea
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
'bread and circuses' and 'breaking the back' were good songs, but they never seemed a hugely awe inspiring band...whoever said further up that glassjaw were better, bit random, but this is true.
macintosh
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i saw them live once, they were pretty good
Dhesi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I havent heard them, might take a look though.
Clearvision
Report 12 years ago
They are cool, shame they split. Their bassist is hot too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (52)
28.89%
No - I got the required grades (105)
58.33%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (23)
12.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise