self taught subjects Watch

ajay27
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
what subjects can be taken as self taught and which ones are the easiest of these?
mml
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think you can take almost any language at self-taught, as long as you find a tutor and as long as the IB actually has an examiner and makes papers for that language. As for which languages is easiest, that depends on your level (duh!)

oh wait... do you mean other subjects like math, social sciences, art, etc...?
no, i don't think you can self-study because you need to do internal assessments which are need to be marked internally by your teacher and submitted to IB. But then, i guess you can "self study" but you need a teacher or tutor. And that tutor must be familliar with how to mark IB internal assessments
paupau
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think if your in IB then just about any subject can be self-taught as long as you have more than one text book for reference ^-^
ioanna_kap
Report 9 years ago
hi!
I am currently following the IB and i am wondering whether i could not follow the regular school programme. id like to ask you whether i could be sitting the exams having all my subjects as ''self-taught''

?? :/
liquidblot
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ioanna_kap)
hi!
I am currently following the IB and i am wondering whether i could not follow the regular school programme. id like to ask you whether i could be sitting the exams having all my subjects as ''self-taught''

?? :/
1 point of advice:

Dont play around with your life, unless your serious about this.

self-taught requires alot of hardwork and its even harder because you dont have a "teacher" to help.

IB is a high stakes exam if you ask me, better to study in school than to fool around and self teach yourself everything.

anyways...back to your question, i would say that the only subject that cant be self taught would be art and music haha..

math is easily done with self taught method

sciences can be self taught with the proper studying methods.

humanities is also do-able, since you just need practise on these

eng/second language should also be do-able, except this would have been easier if you had an experienced teacher.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The results of this poll are hidden until the poll closes.

Watched Threads