Turn on thread page Beta

THE fact of CREATION watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    And the mysterious Olmecs before them.
    Olmecs, never heard of them, i will do some reading about them Only other civilisations i know of from that area are the mayans and thats only because of "age of empirers 2, the conqurers"

ReputationRep:
    what does everone think is in area 51??

ReputationRep:
    lots of food :eek:

ReputationRep:
    i reckon that it is just for testing the latest advanced aircraft and all the alien stuff is hyped up

ReputationRep:
    Why didn't God give us advanced technology and advanced, peaceful utopian societies to begin with instead of letting us evolve from our initial state?

because everything is programmed, is there any use to programm a perfect society? i dont think so, not from an experimental point of view anyways

ReputationRep:
    God doesn't have a time-scale. Who says the 6 days of creation were days as we know them?

ReputationRep:
    If everything is programmed, do we have any freedom of choice?
    this is arguable, but freedom of choice is possible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    God doesn't have a time-scale. Who says the 6 days of creation were days as we know them?
    I love how religious people have answers for everything

ReputationRep:
    If everything is programmed, do we have any freedom of choice?
    Indeed we do,in the end we are responsible for our actions

ReputationRep:
    i dont want to sound too surreal or silly, but our actions can be pre-programmed or there could be future techniques to give us humans several choices of freedom within the codes

ReputationRep:
    I'm open to ideas. I just think it's equally as silly for scientists to simply rule out "God".

Munie = Prejudice (which clouds interpretation) and then relying on the stereotype that "religious" people are stupid is not a clever form of debate.

ReputationRep:
    nah we wont rule out god yet, to be fair we all still pray to god when we are in deep trouble, not somefuturistic programmers. As long as there is unhappiness, god will still exist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    i dont want to sound too surreal or silly, but our actions can be pre-programmed or there could be future techniques to give us humans several choices of freedom within the codes
    well it looks like some1's been watchin the matrix 2 much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IntegralAnomaly)
    well it looks like some1's been watchin the matrix 2 much!
    i should have matrix revolutions tomorrow on divx

ReputationRep:
    lol i thought about this before the matrix, the matrix is abit extreme i have to say

ReputationRep:
    I was speaking to some bloke last week at my society's social, and he told me he was a 'die-hard atheist' - something I found highly amusing. I tend to lean towards agnosticism, despite having a religious upbringing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron)
    i should have matrix revolutions tomorrow on divx
    i've had it on svcd for about 2-3 mnths now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammyd)
    I was speaking to some bloke last week at my society's social, and he told me he was a 'die-hard atheist' - something I found highly amusing. I tend to lean towards agnosticism, despite having a religious upbringing.
    same here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    I'm open to ideas. I just think it's equally as silly for scientists to simply rule out "God".

Munie = Prejudice (which clouds interpretation) and then relying on the stereotype that "religious" people are stupid is not a clever form of debate.
    I was not debating with you, rather I was pointing out the obvious. Sorry if you misunderstood my comment.

"I just think it's equally as silly for scientists to simply rule out "God". "

I think it is silly that no matter what argument is presented to religious people they rebute it with a vacuous argument based on their preconceived notion that god does infact exist. How do they or you possibly know God's timeline. I believe that argument is a prejudicial one that is based solely on opinion and no fact. When science says the earth is millions of years old the religious community does not change the scriptures but rather points out the oh so well known fact that gods timeline is different and that supposed length of time that is stated in the bible cannot be taken at face value but rather must be interpreted with the timeline of god. However, if you cannot accept this timeline at face value how can you accept anything else written in the Bible?

ReputationRep:
    did anyone watch this tv program about existence of god or something? i thought it wus quite good

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.