Turn on thread page Beta

THE fact of CREATION watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Faith?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IntegralAnomaly)
    i've had it on svcd for about 2-3 mnths now!
    is that a proper dvd rip or a dodgy video camera in the cinema job?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    Faith?
    The only thing you should have faith in is yourself because if you want god to save you or help you it isnt going to happen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron)
    is that a proper dvd rip or a dodgy video camera in the cinema job?
    haha nah i got it from sharereactor via emule

ReputationRep:
    nice print actually,i've also got a HEAVY quality return of the king

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    The only thing you should have faith in is yourself because if you want god to save you or help you it isnt going to happen

Evidently this is not what "religious people" believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IntegralAnomaly)
    nice print actually,i've also got a HEAVY quality return of the king
    i love that film, ive got that on dvd quality 4 gigs takes a while to download

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    the whole point of faith is believing in something despite there being no proof for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron)
    i love that film, ive got that on dvd quality 4 gigs takes a while to download

My bf downloaded one that was for "academy purposes" and the words "for your consideration" popped up about every 20 minutes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron)
    the whole point of faith is believing in something despite there being no proof for it
    I like to call faith speculation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    I like to call faith speculation

Surely science would be speculation and faith a total rejection of speculation.

ReputationRep:
    My bf downloaded one that was for "academy purposes" and the words "for your consideration" popped up about every 20 minutes!
    hehe, quite often you get the message scrolling across the bottom "Property of newline cinema not to be distributed, if you see this message phone 051245587525" or something to that affect

ReputationRep:
    Surely science would be speculation and faith a total rejection of speculation.
    I would not call science speculation, I wouldn't argue if you called it extrapolation but at least there is facts in science, rather then a book writen by many different people at many different times who could, and probably were, in it for power and influence

ReputationRep:
    speculation: A conjectural consideration or meditation; an attempt to ascertain or anticipate something by probable reasoning.

sounds like science to me.

ReputationRep:
    speculation: A conjectural consideration or meditation; an attempt to ascertain or anticipate something by probable reasoning.

sounds like science to me.
    But everyone has different reasoning, there are guidelines and principles in science.......... people such as yourself use probable reasoning and come up with the conclusion that god does exist, whereas others, such as myself, would reason that there is no god

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    But everyone has different reasoning, there are guidelines and principles in science.......... people such as yourself use probable reasoning and come up with the conclusion that god does exist, whereas others, such as myself, would reason that there is no god

This is my problem with your argument - you jump to conclusions. When did I ever say I was "religious" as you put it? Pure speculation rather than fact. You are, indeed, a true scientist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    There is no evidence for or against the existence of God.
    Exactly, and because I say this as well I get labelled, argued at (rather than with) and (just for bathos's sake) neg repped!

ReputationRep:
    There is no evidence for or against the existence of God.
    As myself and TheWolf say, agnosticism is where its at

ReputationRep:
    Is that what its called when you say that? I should really look words up a bit more.
    Once you start, you become a dictionary freak like me. Then you move onto foreign dictionaries (I found myself looking at a coptic/greek dictionary the other day) and then onto thesauri. Thank goodness the UL has a room FULL of dictionaries. It's heaven....

ReputationRep:
    Exactly, and because I say this as well I get labelled, argued at (rather than with) and (just for bathos's sake) neg repped!
    I shall have to correct that tomorrow.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.