Optimist or Pessimist Watch

sour stone
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Are you a happy kinda person looking to the future and at life with a general smile.

or

A saddo always assuming they lead a life of doom and gloom, and walk about with a frown or something similar plastered on your face.

Which? and Why are you like this...

or

I = Because I appreciate my existence and love everything, no matter how sh***y it may get. Nothing keeps me down for too long.
iceman_jondoe
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
im in between...is there a word for that ?
Knogle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Optimist hands down.
sour stone
Rep:
?
(Original post by iceman_jondoe)
I dunno... a opessimist or someink...

but don't you think you're (in general) more one than the other... If so what?
iceman_jondoe
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
In that case it will prob be ....i like looking forward to the future....dont really like being depressed all the time
sour stone
Rep:
?
In that case it will prob be ....i like looking forward to the future....dont really like being depressed all the time
Yay... lots of happy people...

Bet some saddo wanders in though... everyone welcome though...
ESBay
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Some are depressed about looking towards the future.
I try to be a realist and some consider that pessimistic but my realistic impressions aren't necessarily pessimistic and people say I'm optimistic.
eh_crimbo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
je suis une :bunny:! - cos i only do what i want to do - now & in the future, plus i have some kinda gene that means that i can't be sad/depressed/mad/stressed for more than an hour or so, which is actualy quite annoying sometimes...if u get me..

though right now im very :mad: cos my driving instructer didnt turn up!!!!why?!?answer me!!WHY?!?GRRRRRRR.......
sour stone
Rep:
?
(Original post by eh_crimbo)
je suis une :bunny:! - cos i only do what i want to do - now & in the future, plus i have some kinda gene that means that i can't be sad/depressed/mad/stressed for more than an hour or so, which is actualy quite annoying sometimes...if u get me..

though right now im very :mad: cos my driving instructer didnt turn up!!!!why?!?answer me!!WHY?!?GRRRRRRR.......
Maybe he's dead... If so you'll now feel really bad
eh_crimbo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
nah, he can't just DIE that easily, he's probably frolicking about in the park or wherever hillbillies of the world go...i could have stayed in bed!! but now im up & theres nought ta do!!....
bluedreamer
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I’m an optimist, but not by choice :confused: it just kinda happened

Not that I’m complaining :p:

Indifferent? :indiff:
puppy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by creamcrackered)
Are you a happy kinda person looking to the future and at life with a general smile.

or

A saddo always assuming they lead a life of doom and gloom, and walk about with a frown or something similar plastered on your face.

Which? and Why are you like this...

or

I = Because I appreciate my existence and love everything, no matter how sh***y it may get. Nothing keeps me down for too long.

Yes, everyone in the world fits into one of those categories. And I resent the 'saddo' comment. Just because some people can see that the world sucks and life is pointless, does not make them sad. We're all leading a life of doom and gloom, it's not like you get a choice anyway.

And I doubt very much that nothing gets you down for long and that you love everything. I'm sure you complain just as much as the next person (as it is human nature to) and I'm sure that if you were forced to watch your whole family get raped and cut into pieces*, it would get you down for a considerable amount of time.

* random example and I stress not based on experience.
bluedreamer
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Perhaps it depends how quickly you can bounce back from disappointment/rejection/hurt etc etc

If you’re optimistic, you bounce back quicker. If not, then you don’t. Tis all down to personal choice me thinks.

Though if I witnessed my family raped and cut in to pieces it would take years to bounce back. Though I wont recover completely. Still I’ll find a way to move on, I could never cope being severely depressed for too long, it’ll drive me mad.
hello_miffy
Report 12 years ago
Optimist!

I try to always see the bright side of things, or if times are unmistakably poo, then just stick my head in the sand and wait for things to blow over .

It just depends on your outlook on life, and the experiences you've had. I've never had anything really terrible happen to me before, if I had maybe I'd be different.
randomuser
Report 12 years ago
Im going to ruin the party, im probably more pessimist!! !

Think it started when my dad died a few years ago, made me realise how much life can s*** on you

Now i always think that if i think the worst i cant get disappointed whereas if you are positive/optimist if it doesnt work out you end up getting hurt so why bother putting yourself through it

I drive my mum potty with this esp as im job hunting at the mo and have final exams coming up but the way i see it if im optimistic i set myself up for disappointment, however if im pessimistic and things do go wrong im not going to be upset as im expecting it and if it goes better than thought im proper happy! See all logical really!
brimstone
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Me =
but I get it from my Dad
ExitMusic
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Stoic

I'm that

(Ignore the ^^^ name)
Nefarious
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm the first, I look at life with a smile this despite the fact that I am a pessimist.
Axiom
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm a pessimist. The glass isn't half full or half empty, it's just something else that needs washing up.
supercat
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm optimistic generally, although I can be quite cynical.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.95%
No (513)
72.05%

Watched Threads