Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi. Ive just been offered a place at Keble College Oxford to read Physics (much to my surprise, no idea why they picked me!) and Ive been offered 3As tho. Im kinda worried bout getting them. Im doing maths, furthermaths, physics and chemistry. I think i should get my As in maths and physics, but further maths im not too sure about. (chemistries kindas out the picture as I got a low B for AS and am not resitting any modules) Im resitting two phys and two maths papers to make sure I get those As, but im still worried. Does anyone know if they might still accept me if I get AAB and a pass at least in Chemistry?

Thanks
    mast3486

ReputationRep:
    They might -- it depends on how many extra offers they made compared to places they ideally want fill, how many other people miss their offer, and how much they like you. However your best option is to work really hard to make sure you do get AAA. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Nice 1 man!

Jus work very hard and I sure u'll get ur place! Think of all the people u beat to get that place, in a weird sort of way u owe it to them to get AAA and step into oxford!

ReputationRep:
    I cried when I didn't make my offer.

(It convinced me that I really wanted to go after months of doubt)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    I cried when I didn't make my offer.

(It convinced me that I really wanted to go after months of doubt)
    But they still let you in, so something must have been ok!

ReputationRep:
    dont worry man
    i know u'll make the grades, especially as your working so hard already
    im still taking it slow tho and might need to speed up

keep it up

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.