Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    whats the difference if any, at the minute between man met, manchester and UMIST? im confused, ive apllied for manchester metropolitan. thank you!

ReputationRep:
    It can't be a bad thing when the universities that produce the 4th and 2nd most employable graduates move. Its quite likely that the courses which drag Manchester or UMIST down in the tables will either be scrapped or the resources they use will be reconsidered. Manchester and UMIST do a lot of similar courses so they will just continue the best one. They also offer lots more variety now.
    Does anyone know what the replacement building will be for the maths tower?
    where will maths graduates go. And when will the tower be out of bounds?

ReputationRep:
    I think over all, its pretty much a good thing because of the pooled resources, reputation, and size. However, size isnt always a good thing. Both UMIST and UoM are big universities and there is always a possiblity that the massive size of the combined universities makes it harder to run/manage.

ReputationRep:
    manchetser and umist are both good unis, there legaue table places vary depending on the source, think manchster was 11th in the observer and umist in the 30s, anyway i think this will be a beneficial move but has anyone else noticed that umist are more being taken over rather than merging, e.g. umists sports club members have to rejoin the manchetser uni teams, no doubt they'll keep the maroon team colours not adopt umists colours or have a new colour.

anyway, my point of replying, i have a source near the top of umist and apparantly umist and manchester are looking to adopt a colleges system like oxbridge.

and they arent pulling op tower down, maths tower and that eysore tower excuse for a halls of accomadation next to the refectory are going.

gav

ReputationRep:
    I'm very glad to hear the the tower next to the refectory is going, but I quite like the maths tower! Oh well.

ReputationRep:
    What is the tower next to the rectory? is that brick tower? I have strange memories of staring at the Maths tower during PE lessons at school, it was far more interesting than playing football.

Also does anybody know if Owens Park tower is going to be pulled down?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 18, 2004
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.