Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    cud some1 plz tell me wot statistical test i will need to use for the following experiment
    im doing the WHO AM I study and have three conditions at 5, 11, anda 18. im using ten participants in each age group and they each have to write 20 statements basically to describe themselves.
    im going to count the number of psychological and pysiological statements given. my hypothesis suggests the younger the age the more physical statements given.

thanks loads
    emmz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    cud some1 plz tell me wot statistical test i will need to use for the following experiment
    im doing the WHO AM I study and have three conditions at 5, 11, anda 18. im using ten participants in each age group and they each have to write 20 statements basically to describe themselves.
    im going to count the number of psychological and pysiological statements given. my hypothesis suggests the younger the age the more physical statements given.

thanks loads
    emmz
    any1

ReputationRep:
    Again?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byakugan_neji)
    Again?
    Again! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    mann-whitney
    i think

ReputationRep:
    Don't you have an A2 Psychology textbook at home? All the good ones, such as Cardwell, Flanagan and Gross, have a dedicated chapter at the end to explain everything you need to know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    mann-whitney
    i think
    thanks i thought it was chi squared myself coz its nominal data and independant subjects.
    ure prolly right though

ReputationRep:
    Don't you have an A2 Psychology textbook at home? All the good ones, such as Cardwell, Flanagan and Gross, have a dedicated chapter at the end to explain everything you need to know.
    do they have stuff about coursework and statistical tests in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    do they have stuff about coursework and statistical tests in?
    Yea

ReputationRep:
    Yea
    k cheers i'll look out for 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    thanks i thought it was chi squared myself coz its nominal data and independant subjects.
    ure prolly right though
    Yep if ur doin independent subjects and using nominal data then its chi squared, thats wot im doin 2!

SnAzZy
    xXx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snazzy)
    Yep if ur doin independent subjects and using nominal data then its chi squared, thats wot im doin 2!

SnAzZy
    xXx
    Hope youse are aware that the chi² test is also A-Level maths, what an ego boost that must be for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snazzy)

SnAzZy
    xXx
    cool cud i ask u for a little help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    cool cud i ask u for a little help
    She's just gone to bed, I'll ask her for you tomorrow...

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.