FAO people with face off headunits Watch

Ryan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Do you take it off every time you leave the car? Even if you're leaving it on your drive, or if you've only nipped into a shop?
snmichaels
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I don't take it off everytime, but if I do, I usually just hide it somewhere in the car so no one can see it.
Navajo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yer I always take it off but I always put it in the glove box. My theory is that if I carry it with me then they will still break in to have a look and seeing as the unit in there is only worth about £20 atm (its really bad new one in the post :p:) i'm not bothered if they steal it.
Ryan
Rep:
?
Surely the glovebox is the first place they will look though?
w_ahmed_18
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
I just dump it under my seat, in a little tray!
snmichaels
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The idea is that, they won't break into a car that doesn't have the face plate. They're not going to assume that it's in the glove box, seat or door.

I put it under my seat as well
Malik
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think everyone pretty much keepts the face in their car somewhere, Imagine the hassel of putting in its case and walking about with it in your pocket all day. By removing the face any potential theif wouldnt know if your headunit was worth stealing or not and therefore hopefully just walk away.
snmichaels
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Exactly.
dimexi
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well I am from east london so I am use to taking it out of the car EVERY TIME... you wont dare leave it in the car for a second in areas like that
Malik
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by dimexi)
Well I am from east london so I am use to taking it out of the car EVERY TIME... you wont dare leave it in the car for a second in areas like that
lol thats so true, I was driving through Hackney once and witness these guys actually stealing the alloys of a car leaving bricks in its place instead. Also random but 20m down road I saw this fat guy get jacked outside a dallas chicky shop, they stole his bucket he even tried to run after them. The scene still brings tears to my eyes.
_Jax_
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
When I read this topic all I could think about was....

" I want to take his face... off. Eyes, nose, skin, teeth. It's coming off. "

snmichaels
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
"No more drugs for that guy."
dimexi
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Malik)
lol thats so true, I was driving through Hackney once and witness these guys actually stealing the alloys of a car leaving bricks in its place instead. Also random but 20m down road I saw this fat guy get jacked outside a dallas chicky shop, they stole his bucket he even tried to run after them. The scene still brings tears to my eyes.
Iknow what you mean it was actually hackney I was talking about as well
Ryan
Rep:
?
Btt
Né Stig
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Never. I can't be bothered.

I get insured if they steal it, so I'm really just provoking a theft. Windows are tinited so you'd have to peer through the windows to see what I had. That would look dodgy. Then we have the Cat 1 alarm that would ring their earbells for the next 4 days. I think its kind of safe.
Kingspharm
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Malik)
:laugh: If the car is in the driveway or I'm just leaving it for a few minutes, then I'll leave the face in. Otherwise I take it out and put it in the glovebox.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (238)
27.23%
No (636)
72.77%

Watched Threads