Turn on thread page Beta

Attractive people on TV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Do you think there is a surplus of attractive people on TV now a days?

Discuss.

ReputationRep:
    ... that's the reason they even end up on TV at place, so naturally yes.

ReputationRep:
    No there isn't. I think a lot of celebrities now are pretty ugly/average. The only reason they look okay is the make up artists and hair stylists they have flooded round them.

ReputationRep:
    There is a surplus of supposedly attractive people, but it tends to be in a really shallow and obvious way (ie. lots of makeup, tarty clothes, plastic surgery) which I don't find attractive myself. Of all the people on TV, there are still only a small number who I would describe as being beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else think Cat Deeley has lost too much weight? I watched Stars in their Eyes for the first time in at least a year and she looks like a lollypop person, her head is too big for her body!

ReputationRep:
    On American TV, yes. On British TV, quite the opposite.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else think Cat Deeley has lost too much weight? I watched Stars in their Eyes for the first time in at least a year and she looks like a lollypop person, her head is too big for her body!
    *nods* I thought the same thing. Don't get me wrong, she's lovely but yeah. Too skinny and it's setting a bad example as people are gonna copy.

Anyhow to answer the question. I think it's about equal to be honest. Anyway I guess it's down to personal opinion as to whether someone is attractive or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chumbaniya)
    There is a surplus of supposedly attractive people, but it tends to be in a really shallow and obvious way (ie. lots of makeup, tarty clothes, plastic surgery) which I don't find attractive myself. Of all the people on TV, there are still only a small number who I would describe as being beautiful.
    ^ completely agree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chumbaniya)
    Which is basically what I just said. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wilbur)
    On American TV, yes. On British TV, quite the opposite.
    :ditto:
    There were definately some funny looking people on British TV when I lived in London.:eek:

ReputationRep:
    I've always thought that, compared with American and Australian TV, there are quite a lot of 'average' looking people on British programmes. Hollyoaks would be the obvious exception...

ReputationRep:
    Carol Vorderman would so get her back doors kicked in. I love her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steve Stifler)
    Carol Vorderman would so get her back doors kicked in. I love her.
    Haha! I bet she's into whips and stuff too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UtterNutter69)
    Haha! I bet she's into whips and stuff too.
    Of course she is, why else do you think Richard Whiteley had a heart attack? It was the fricking 10 inch black dildo she produced while sitting on his face that caused it!

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.