Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    WHo've you spotted and where?

I was really disappointed not to see any in London My bf gets to see them all the time cause he works in a posh restaurant.

When I was walking by the Seine in Paris the relative silent was disturbed by an armed police raid on a group of criminals. My bf was busy trying to get out the way, whereas I was stood totally ignorant of any possible danger of stray bullets gawping at Yoko Ono! Only famous person I've ever seen and I whenever I relate the tale people just say "who?"

ReputationRep:
    I've seen Badly Drawn Boy a few times but then he is a neighbour, I've seen quite a few corrie actors as well. A lot of minorish TV actors live in the same area as me so I can get to see a lot of famous actors.

Robin Gibb even owns a house 2 mins walk away, however I admit he dosn't live in it

ReputationRep:
    me and my sis spotted gareth gates taking getting into a car, not driven by him, in High Street Ken, next to the Armenian Church there. we stopped him from leaving so my sis could get an autograph.

ReputationRep:
    the studios where hollyoaks is filmed is behind my house..so have met loadsa the "stars" from that in the coffee shop by my house...!
    brookside actors...
    ive met about 4 gladiators...hunter,cobra,lightn ing,er....sum1 else...

ReputationRep:
    i saw micheal evais (the guy who runs glastonbury) in a pub in bristol

saw jeremy paxman in oxford

met and got signed poster from guitarist from kings of leon

also the bass player from black rebel motorcycle club too

ReputationRep:
    Hugh Grant

Ian MacGeechan and Glen Hoddle

The entire IRFU team (two years running)

ReputationRep:
    I'm telling lots of lies actually... LOL

I've met Jon Tickle and seen:
    Nasty Nick
    Raj Persaud (GMTV psy-something)
    Hans Blix
    Tony Martin and others at the Union.

ReputationRep:
    Bill Clinton - Boston, USA

Richard Branson, New York, USA

Liam Gallagher, London

Salman Rushdie, Stratford-upon-Avon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    I'm telling lots of lies actually... LOL

I've met Jon Tickle and seen:
    Nasty Nick
    Raj Persaud (GMTV psy-something)
    Hans Blix
    Tony Martin and others at the Union.
    Hehe, you must have stayed behind afterwards like us! My friend insisted on going to speak to him and getting his autograph; I was standing there thinking "I can't believe I'm at one of the best universities in the world and we're sucking up to someone from Big Brother :rolleyes: "

ReputationRep:
    I saw Uri Geller in Harrods, unfortunately

ReputationRep:
    i saw blaine in a glass box above thames :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Kevin and Perry go large was filmed down my road so I got to mee Harry Enfield, Cathy Burke, etc and I got all their autographs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Hehe, you must have stayed behind afterwards like us! My friend insisted on going to speak to him and getting his autograph; I was standing there thinking "I can't believe I'm at one of the best universities in the world and we're sucking up to someone from Big Brother :rolleyes: "
    <ashamed>

yes, you blew my cover- grrrrrrrrr.

ReputationRep:
    ooo...jamie redknapp used 2 live ontop of my mum n dads shop..in these posh apartments

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kokopops)
    ooo...jamie redknapp used 2 live ontop of my mum n dads shop..in these posh apartments

I used to fancy him before he married Louise. Oh, those were the days.

ReputationRep:
    The Anne Bronte adaptation of Tenant of Wildell Hall was filmed in my house and surrounding areas.

Met many famous rugby players.

My dad went to school with Richard ''countdown'' Whitely and he has been to my house once.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Oh and I saw Joan Collins checking in a hotel for some kind of charity do. She looks about 200 years old.
    Talking of Joans. You know Joan Rivers? She has a jewellery range that is on QVC (I was flicking....) and she was hilarious trying to sell that tat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Excellent! Did he use his terrible puns?
    Lol, I have no idea, I was at school. Him and my dad used to quite good friends at school apparently, my dad invited some of his old mates for a piss up once, so i'd imagine he used a few classics.

ReputationRep:
    I met Dave Clarke (techno producer/DJ) in the middle of Leeds! I was well chuffed, had a nice chat with him over a coffee. Having said that, only celeb I've ever met.

ReputationRep:
    I also know one of top 100 richest people in Britain but that I will not disclose

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 5, 2004
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.