Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fred0202)
    Just the normal maths.

For AQA you do P1, P2, (a choice between either M1 or S1), P4, P5 and (a choice between either M2 or S4), for a maths a-levels.
    spot the difference!
    http://www.edexcel.org.uk/VirtualContent/72400.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Where did P3 go on AQA?
    That is for if you want to do a full pure maths a-level (instead of S1 or M1) or (I think) further maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IntegralAnomaly)
    spot the difference!
    http://www.edexcel.org.uk/VirtualContent/72400.pdf
    Your P1-P3 are just the some as our P1-P2 and P4-P5 it is just that ours are spaced out into 4 modules so is probably a bit easier.

BTW, what are the weightings for each paper? For us each P module is worth 15% and each M or S module is worth 20%

ReputationRep:
    Your P1-P3 are just the some as our P1-P2 and P4-P5 it is just that ours are spaced out into 4 modules so is probably a bit easier.

BTW, what are the weightings for each paper? For us each P module is worth 15% and each M or S module is worth 20%
    i think its equal weight for any module,and 3 modules in each year

ReputationRep:
    Do you have to take all the P modules in the first year or can you mix them about a bit?

ReputationRep:
    Do you have to take all the P modules in the first year or can you mix them about a bit?
    yopu dont have to take any modules int he first year. alternatively, you could take all the modules in the first year, and none in the second.

but generally it's P1, P2 (M or S)1 in the first year, then P3 and (M or S)(2 and 3) in the second year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    yopu dont have to take any modules int he first year. alternatively, you could take all the modules in the first year, and none in the second.

but generally it's P1, P2 (M or S)1 in the first year, then P3 and (M or S)(2 and 3) in the second year
    Thanks for the replying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Where did P3 go on AQA?
    AS Level Further Mathematics Module.

ReputationRep:
    God Bless the AQA board!!
    AQA Specification B rulez!

ReputationRep:
    Finally - someone that did the same maths (AQA B) as me!

P1, P2, M1, P4, P5, M2 for Maths
    P3, M4, S6, P6, P7, S7 for Further

The hardest part was doing those stats modules without doing S1 and S4 (although I did Statistics GCSE which was basically S1).

ReputationRep:
    Well, I do AQA Spec A and that is Pure 2 (although think it may be different on Spec B). Pure 6 was maticies and vectors mostly (is the only Pure 4-6 you can take without really doing the Pure 1-3).

Did:

Normal: ME (methods - a kind of combined Pure 0 and Stats 0), P1, P2, P3, S1, M1
    Further: P4, P5, P6, S2, M2, D1

ReputationRep:
    that papers well easy compared to the edexcel p5
    most the stuff there is in our p1-3 except for that vectors bit near the end

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.