Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Which Dentistry Unis are Traditionally Harder 2get in2? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i was jus wonderin which unis are harder2 get in2? I know all of them are dead hard2 get in2 but sum ppl say that sum are a little easier, jus wantd 2no which 1z.

ReputationRep:
    from what my friends have said newcastle and sheffield are easier but as you already know all of them are equally hard to get into especially the london unis!

ReputationRep:
    Birmingham, KCL and Manchester I think!

ReputationRep:
    i thought that Manchester was one of the hardest coz they have soo many applicants but then thats the only place i got an offer! :p: each uni has slightly different criteria ie bham and their gcse's, so it depends on the applicant too! :eyeball:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil_groovy_dude)
    haha i applied to all three :p: offer at one, interview at another and a rejection from the last one! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i applied to all 3 and got rejections without interviews from all of them!

ReputationRep:
    id say barts is hard to get in2 because there r so many applicants for small no of places!

ReputationRep:
    London ones are far easier to get into if you are white and from London. Mainly because the Asian scene there is huge, and they feel they need "variety". Being from London means that you already know what the Capitals like, and all the benefits.

Scottish Unis tend to be harsher on those not from Scotland, because traditionally places went to Scottish students.

Bristol is particularly hard to get into, seeing as it went from the bottom of the league to the top in under 2 years.

Saying that however, there are only a few to choose from, and in all honesty, you should have a kick arse personal statement to get into dentistry plus good grades. Apply to where you want to go, not where is easiest...it's better in the long run!

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    the uni that are harder to get into are in a ranking order:
    1-sheffield and london
    2-birmingham
    3-manchester
    rest follows.

this is because they more well known. However as some1 said.. they are more better because you have a greater chance of getting a better job at a better firm.

p.s. work hard- we all will be dentists!!!! touchwood

ReputationRep:
    it doesnt matter where you become a dentist- at the end of the day you're going to be a dentist- always jobs for them!

and i think kings- but then im biased!

ReputationRep:
    only queens mary and KCL do dentistry in london, so im guessing they are harder to get into.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suzukiescudo)
    the uni that are harder to get into are in a ranking order:
    1-sheffield and london
    2-birmingham
    3-manchester
    rest follows.

this is because they more well known. However as some1 said.. they are more better because you have a greater chance of getting a better job at a better firm.

p.s. work hard- we all will be dentists!!!! touchwood
    I dont agree with that .... most of them all get 1000 applicants with the exceptions of Bristol and Glasgow and Dundee!

ReputationRep:
    I dont agree with that .... most of them all get 1000 applicants with the exceptions of Bristol and Glasgow and Dundee!
    dundee want 3Az, so im guessing they are up there with the most difficult ones

ReputationRep:
    yeh dundee want 3 As so thats a hard one to get into, and cardiff appeared to give a huge number of rejections this year.

ReputationRep:
    3 As doesn't make it harder if you're applying with 3 As - as most are. The 3 A thing is just to limit demand, i.e. so they have to read fewer personal statements.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blates as)
    3 As doesn't make it harder if you're applying with 3 As - as most are. The 3 A thing is just to limit demand, i.e. so they have to read fewer personal statements.
    well if someone doesnt have 3As then its harder to get into.

ReputationRep:
    I got offers from Sheffield, Bristol and Leeds. rejected from Bham without interview.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 27, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.