Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    k, as weird it may sound wats the best way of revising biology?? i mean u learn the stuff, but when it comes to answering questions u do crap. lol

ReputationRep:
    Go through the chapters, and make notes / learn them. Then do practice questions right away so that it sticks in.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    a lot of the same questions come up on exams every year..sometimes memorsising the common question answers helps too

ReputationRep:
    thanx ppl...

ReputationRep:
    The best way is answering every single past paper possible, and reading the mark scheme for each one. It also helps to memorise answers for common questions like 'How is genetic fingerprinting carried out?', but get these answers from the mark schemes. Biology revision isn't really about knowing your biology, it's more about answering the exam papers in the right way to get the marks. I know many people who are good at biology, but they just don't know how to answer questions in the right way, and therefore lose a lot marks.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by tetedupet)
    The best way is answering every single past paper possible, and reading the mark scheme for each one. It also helps to memorise answers for common questions like 'How is genetic fingerprinting carried out?', but get these answers from the mark schemes. Biology revision isn't really about knowing your biology, it's more about answering the exam papers in the right way to get the marks. I know many people who are good at biology, but they just don't know how to answer questions in the right way, and therefore lose a lot marks.
    Thats how i revised and got A's!

ReputationRep:
    i agree... learn what kind of answers the examiners are looking for, something else that also may help is the stuff they give out during the edexcel student conferences or something.. they have them on their website..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tetedupet)
    Ditto

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 10, 2006
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.