Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, my friend was saying he was going to add wings to his car, but because i know nothing about cars what does that mean? At first I thought it was adding something at the back of the car but then he said something to do with the wheels....?
    Any body could explain?

ReputationRep:
    modelling it on a boeing 737

ReputationRep:
    I dont believe i've ever heard that expression before.. :confused: The only wing i can think of is the type that goes on the back..like a spoiler.

regards
    --marty

ReputationRep:
    Here, they refer to the front and rear wheel arches/fenders as wings.

ReputationRep:
    Since you mentioned something to do with the wheels , it might possible be wheel arches hes adding on which your friend might consider as part of the front wing.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes if you get really wide wheel arches like the ones you often see on old minis, theyre referred to as wings

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.