Turn on thread page Beta

evolution r creation? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    If it's spherical it has shape and teh shape must be defined by something other than the universe - something outside.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Ah but as blissy said, its expanding, so what's it expanding into?
    very good point

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    which do u believe and why
    A bit of both and I don't know why

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    if i was right that we are a programmed world. nothing really exists inside or outside
    what language we coded in? c++? printf("welcome to the universe")

ReputationRep:
    Ah but as blissy said, its expanding, so what's it expanding into?
    maybe it isnt expanding, physists maybe wrong, redshift may be caused by something else

ReputationRep:
    i get way to into these religion threads. I am not gunna start a big thing like on another thread, i'll keep my opinions, because with so many people, obviously both sides will be represented, and i dont want to be part this time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron)
    maybe it isnt expanding, physists maybe wrong, redshift may be caused by something else
    nah trust me its expanding,if u want the proof..............
    because redshift is happening in ALL directions,rather like the surface of a baloon when u blow air into it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    i get way to into these religion threads. I am not gunna start a big thing like on another thread, i'll keep my opinions, because with so many people, obviously both sides will be represented, and i dont want to be part this time.
    good point,some people just go over the top sometimes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IntegralAnomaly)
    nah trust me its expanding,if u want the proof..............
    because redshift is happening in ALL directions,rather like the surface of a baloon when u blow air into it
    doesnt mean the universe is expanding, everything could just be moving away from us

ReputationRep:
    I was talking about this a few weeks back, because I deduced that if things were moving apart in all directions there'd be a gap in the middle. But apparently some things are blue-shifted i.e. moving towards us, or so I was told.
    collisions ahoy!

ReputationRep:
    I was talking about this a few weeks back, because I deduced that if things were moving apart in all directions there'd be a gap in the middle.
    donut shaped universe

ReputationRep:
    i guess we will never know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron)
    i guess we will never know
    mathematical equations show that its probably a sphere,but i have herd that the galaxies that are further away from us have a much greater redshift,so the expansion varies.......hmmm

ReputationRep:
    I think the universe is 'spherical' on all levels, i.e. if you peer inside the smallest particle you'll be looking into the universe from the 'outside'. Or something.
    To see a World in a Grain of Sand
    And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
    Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
    And Eternity in an hour.

- Blake had the same idea

p.s. piggy - I feel your pain

ReputationRep:
    I think the universe is 'spherical' on all levels, i.e. if you peer inside the smallest particle you'll be looking into the universe from the 'outside'. Or something.
    thats an interseting idea, v. hard to visualise

ReputationRep:
    i believe the earth is flat

ReputationRep:
    We have a poet in our midst

He's a good lad is Blake. I like songs of experience.
    Blake is good, I liked 'The little vagabond' from experience.

ReputationRep:
    We have a poet in our midst

He's a good lad is Blake. I like songs of experience.

I went to the museum the other day and asked where his engravings were and she said that they weren't on display. Then she asked if I was a member of the University (I said yes, of course) and she said I could make an appointment for a private viewing!!

I was excited, but at the same time "Red Dragon" kept popping into my head. EEEK.

ReputationRep:
    The perks of Oxbridge students!

I haven't seen Red Dragon but I read the book.

He eats the print! (I read Silence of the Lambs after I saw the film and thought - this is exactly the same as the film. SO I didn't bother with red dragon. Besides, his writing just makes me giggle.)

ReputationRep:
    Not another thread. Do you never check the search to see if there is a similar topic?
    I've never seen another member on here make as many annoying new threads as you no offence
    http://www.uk-learning.net/search.php?searchid=92813

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.