The Student Room Group

Economics studies. Are they worth at my point?

Hi everyone.
I currently hold BSc Electronics Engineering and Management degree, and working in manufacturing area. After more than 6 years spent as various technician jobs I just felt I am not in my shoes. I am quite attractive about Economics and Finance. I just wonder, how would I look in job market with Masters economics degree, but without any experience in economics and Bachelors degree from totally different range. I coudn't compete with guys who got Bachelors. Also I am 28 years old, isn't a bit too late to start a new page in education life? Plus, would it be very difficult to adapt at Masters studies without any background in economics? How many guys did you experienced came from radically different sphere in your Master's studies? Thank you.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Don't worry about age. There are many people older than you studying postgraduate degrees, including myself. In economics you just need maths, maths and more maths for graduate studies. If you don't know anything about economics, then why you think that is your "call". Now, if you have studied some economics at a intro level at least and you have a good background in maths, then I don't see why you couldn't go for a Master in economics or economics and finance. It's never too late to pursue your dreams.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 2
Another thing; you should take a diploma in economics first and then continue for a Master if you wish, because if you have zero academic background in economics, then probably you won't be admitted by any serious economics programme.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending