The Student Room Group

The importance of Britains Empire in british war effort 1940-1945

Hey does any have information or know any websites that have info on the importance of Britains Empire in british war effort 1940-1945. If anyone does please can they help me out, and i need the info quick please.
They used the troops from the empire therefore seemingly reducing the actual British casualties. by controlling the empire the allied forces were stronger, there were more troops to draw on an in turn more force against the germans. and suppose they could also use their raw materials, contolling the prices so not fully escalating war costs.

In 1939 Britain had agreed to pay all of the costs of the Indian army that went beyond normal peacetime defence costs. By 1945 Britain was in debt to India by about $1.3 billion, India was providing vital troops support making it important in the war effort, but it is also increasing the final war debt.

think thats right not really studied it in much detail
Thanks your a lifesaver just needed some info, if anyone else had info it would be helpfull.
~CAROLINE~
suppose they could also use their raw materials,

Hey can you give an example of raw materials that were provided, please.
maze.e
Hey can you give an example of raw materials that were provided, please.

India sent food.
~CAROLINE~
India sent food.

Ok cool and could you say coal aswell.
Also some of the colonies gave money to the British to purchase weapons etc so u could then question could they have won the war without the contributions of the colonial empire. think there is somethin about india and japan too but u will have to look it up cos ive not got much of a clue apart from that!
~CAROLINE~
Also some of the colonies gave money to the British to purchase weapons etc so u could then question could they have won the war without the contributions of the colonial empire. think there is somethin about india and japan too but u will have to look it up cos ive not got much of a clue apart from that!

Thanks you have provided me with more than enough help, thanks.

Latest

Trending

Trending