Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I currently have waist length straight hair, and I'm a little bored of it, so I'm getting it cut and want a change.

I'm thinking about a few inches below shoulder to mid back in terms of length. But I'm wondering if layers work for straight hair and have any point to them? I think they work really well for curly hair but I don't know about straight.

My hair isn't thick or fine, it's just normal really, I just want it to have a little more shape to it.

Any opinions?

ReputationRep:
    layers work especially well with straight hair as they break the hair up to give it more shape as straight hair can often look fat or lifeless. id definately go for layers and maybe get it feathered at the front so it frames your face or get a side fringe and a side parting so the hair sweeps slightly across the face.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Yup, layers totally work with straight hair.

ReputationRep:
    my sister has straight hair (lucky cow,lol) and she had layers put in her hair and it looks so much better

ReputationRep:
    They definitely work with straight hair, especially naturally straight. When you straighten layers they can sometimes go a bit rubbish, but you won't have to worry about that (lucky cow :p:)

ReputationRep:
    I think layers in straight hair work better than those in curly hair.

ReputationRep:
    i've got dead straight hair - when i get it cut i usually just get choppy layers throughout; it adds depth otherwise my hair would be really boring...

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your replies! Layers sound like a possibility then.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, go for them I have layers and straight hair and it would look pretty dull without them :p:

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.