Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What's a typical offer for an A-level student to study law at Edinburgh?

AAB? :tsr2:

ReputationRep:
    Edinburgh are a bit more random than most universities about the offers they give. For example, the prospectus asked for BBBC at Higher- my friend was rejected despite having AAABC. So disregard whatever you see in the prospectus and don't listen to other people when they tell you there's a definite threshold. Just do your best in your exams and pray!

ReputationRep:
    I think with Edinburgh it is more what you write on your PS and reference than your predicted grades. The standard offers are usually very low in comparison to other top unis, so they can afford to be picky with who they accept. Obviously it helps if you have good grades but they don't guarentee you'll get an offer like at some other universities, but for something as competitive as law you're going to need a brilliant PS anywhere, but I think esspecially for Edinburgh.

I'm not actually sure what the standard offer is though, the general university one is BBB for A levels, but law might be higher.

ReputationRep:
    for the oversubscribed courses, offers usually are around AAB'ish..but as someone else mentioned..just do your best..write a killer ps, get great references, and hope for the best.

ReputationRep:
    any current law students in edinburgh? whats the course like..nythin we should know?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 28, 2006
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.