Okay basically, I've applied to read English at uni. I hold 3 offers but one of my rejections was from the uni I am desperate to go to (York.)
Although I didn't get an offer for English Lit there, I did get one for Linguistics/Literature which is 2/3 Linguistics and 1/3 Lit.
I do both Lit and Lang at A Level and love them both but would rather do them equally than one more than the other. York also offers a course called English/Linguistics which is both of them at equal measure.
How easy do you think it would be for me to transfer to that one once I am there? (if I choose to accept the place that is.)
Or should I just stick with Leeds? (which is where I'd go otherwise.)
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Turn on thread page Beta
Should I risk it? English applicant. watch
- Thread Starter
- 09-04-2006 18:48
- 09-04-2006 18:56
I got this big booklet from the History department at York and it said that if you wanted to change degree you had to tell them by the end of the first week of each term. If it isn't really changing the degree, just the % of modules then I really don't see much of a problem. Go for York, I know how much you wanted it.
- 09-04-2006 18:59
I would go for it - as Kerrit says it's possible, so why not
- 09-04-2006 19:26
You could always try being straight with them and just ask whether it would be possible to change course once you get there. The worst they can do is say no and then you can decide whether to go for the uni you really want (York) or the course you prefer (Leeds). I doubt they can withdraw your offer just for asking, so there's no harm in it.