Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have a 1990 slightly modded MR2 with tv, spoilers, dvd player etc...how much do you think it's worth......Would you recommend it compared to a 2002 volkswagen 1.6 se golf.....

Which one do u reckon is a runner????

ReputationRep:
    whichever one you're most likely to drive under the speed limit in.

ReputationRep:
    But which one is faster....My mate and I are arguing over this..

ReputationRep:
    Which one is faster depends on the power they deliver, the gear ratio, the weight and all that

ReputationRep:
    Well if you own both, can't you just go for a drive now and decide for yourself?!

ReputationRep:
    Nope..i don't own both..one's for a friend...besides i don't know any race track around...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KILLER)
    Nope..i don't own both..one's for a friend...besides i don't know any race track around...
    You certainly don't need a race track to drive two cars to know which is quicker, at least I know I certainly don't! Aslong as you don't use a clock or a second car you're not racing thus staying within the law, there's no need to go above legal speed limits to know which car is quickest.

The MR2 will be quickest aslong as it has been looked after, regardless of engine, the 1.6 golf is underpowered and overweight.

Your first post suggests you own both since a few hours ago you said you had an issue with your golf and you start this thread: "I have a MR2.."

ReputationRep:
    The MR2 will be quicker.

ReputationRep:
    Judging by your previous posts you won't have your licence long so it dosn't really matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    Judging by your previous posts you won't have your licence long so it dosn't really matter.
    what is up with the attitude AT82.... have you got a problem..why r u trippin

ReputationRep:
    trippin... ^o)

Judging by the fact that you go 100mph on the motorway - the speed limit is 70mph for a reason. And also that you dont seem to bothered about anything other than speed of a car.

Get 6 points and redo the test already

ReputationRep:
    I have a 1990 slightly modded MR2 with tv, spoilers, dvd player etc...how much do you think it's worth.....
    After you've been near it? About 2 quid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ghost)
    After you've been near it? About 2 quid.
    thats including postage lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jr2007)
    Judging by the fact that you go 100mph on the motorway - the speed limit is 70mph for a reason....
    Because when the speed limit was introduced (in what, the 60s?), 70mph was deemed a suitable speed restriction bearing in mind the technical capabilities of contemporary cars.

And of course, that means that it's not safe to be travelling above 70mph in a reasonably new car. Oh no...

Anyway, I'd guess the MR2 is faster (assuming the mods dont add too much weight/drag to it :p:)

ReputationRep:
    Word of advice mate, never say you have been speeding. These guys on here are goody two shoes that would not dream of speeding, ever :rolleyes: and are quick to rip it out of people that do what most other drivers do and speed.

Seriously, some of the guys on here are worse than the ****ing rozzers. I swear some of them are...or they have been watching to much of that Bounty Hunter show on Bravo and are trying to follow in his footsteps by policing TSR Motoring, so brave...:eek:

Oh **** i just insulted a mod, oh well. **** HAPPENS.

Graham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbduo)
    Word of advice mate, never say you have been speeding. These guys on here are goody two shoes that would not dream of speeding, ever :rolleyes: and are quick to rip it out of people that do what most other drivers do and speed.

Seriously, some of the guys on here are worse than the ****ing rozzers. I swear some of them are...or they have been watching to much of that Bounty Hunter show on Bravo and are trying to follow in his footsteps by policing TSR Motoring, so brave...:eek:

Oh **** i just insulted a mod, oh well. **** HAPPENS.

Graham
    gbduo, we share the roads, it's a privilage, not a right to use them. By using them you agree to follow a set of rules, you agree not to put others at risk, just like in real life you agree not to carry a gun in your pocket. If you don't agree, don't use the roads. It's simple as...

ReputationRep:
    I will happily share the roads with others. What i don't like is people judging my driving and other people's driving just by going slightly fast when they don't know anything. That instant judgement on someone is really stupid and childish IMHO. Just because you speed does not make you a bad driver. If you drink and drive, drive without a licence/insurance/MOT/drug induced i would say that is much more dangerous than speeding.

If i go above the speed limit on a motorway i am putting others at risk marginally and i accept that. However if someone went around at the speed limits but say their brakes were not working because the car has not got an MOT or they are drunk/high then i am sorry but that is soooo much more dangerous than speeding ever could be.

I disagree with you, but i am still going to use the roads. The only people that can stop me using the roads are the police if they take my licence away, I would then not use them because i am obvioulsy dangerous as i am going against everything i said above.

I really cannot see the problem with going 85mph on a motorway, or 100mph at 3am in the morning on a deserted motorway. You are only a danger to yourself. I am certainly less of a danger than the drunk driver going round London's West End at closing time.

I appreciate your opinion. I just disagree with it!

Graham

ReputationRep:
    Thank you GRAHAM....that's 110% correct...WOW!!!..some people on here can be such w**kers...at least some one on here knows what I am saying...Even the police do extreme speeds and get in worst accidents...but everyone will just say that it's an emergency then had 2 attend 2...what makes you think that they are more experienced than me.....what..coz they r d police...common..

ReputationRep:
    Speeding on a motorway is perfectly safe as long as it's deserted and you've got the car to do it in, don't drive like an idiot, and have the skills to handle the car. When my dad and I were coming back down the motorway at 4:00am a few weeks ago, we hit 130mph, but were in a car designed to do those speeds, at a time where we were literally the only car on the road. What isn't safe is speeding when there's other cars about, or in a car not built to handle speed, or in a built up area. My dad never speeds when it's unsafe to do so (built up area, twisty roads, etc).

ReputationRep:
    Thank you GRAHAM....that's 110% correct...WOW!!!..some people on here can be such w**kers...at least some one on here knows what I am saying...Even the police do extreme speeds and get in worst accidents...but everyone will just say that it's an emergency then had 2 attend 2...what makes you think that they are more experienced than me.....what..coz they r d police...common..
    I hate the police, there was that rozzer that was doing like 160mph down a busy motorway and was let of "because he was getting acquainted with the new car" WTF!? Does that mean when i get my new car this week i can go out and go flat out and then argue that i had just got the car i was testing its limits...I think not.

They are all cocks and hypocrits.

(Original post by Sync)
    Speeding on a motorway is perfectly safe as long as it's deserted and you've got the car to do it in, don't drive like an idiot, and have the skills to handle the car. When my dad and I were coming back down the motorway at 4:00am a few weeks ago, we hit 130mph, but were in a car designed to do those speeds, at a time where we were literally the only car on the road. What isn't safe is speeding when there's other cars about, or in a car not built to handle speed, or in a built up area. My dad never speeds when it's unsafe to do so (built up area, twisty roads, etc).
    Agreed.

Graham

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 12, 2006
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.